Thursday, January 23, 2014

Dave for the Win

I have to brag.  I'm sorry but I do.  Dave wins today.  I'm not sure what he wins but he wins!

You may know that Jakob is giving me very little sleep.  For the past 2 months, I have been lucky to get 1.5 hours of sleep between the start of feedings.  At the end of our time in AZ, my parents, in an effort to give me more sleep, took over the first feeding at night...but I was still only getting about 3 hours of sleep before they came to get me for the second feeding.  Yawn!

When you consider that I wasn't getting good sleep the last few months of my pregnancy due to discomfort and the such...I haven't had a good 6-8 hours of uninterrupted sleep for over 7 months.  And if you know anything about me, you know that I do not do well on little sleep.  Well, after so long...I am starting to wonder if there is a light at the end of the tunnel.  I know there must.  I mean, Jeffery has been sleeping for 10-12 hours since he was 6 months old but....in my haze and sleep deprived fogginess, I am beginning to wonder.

Enter Dave.  He has been taking over some of the first feedings at night which has been so helpful.  But last night took the cake.  I hadn't been feeling very good during the day....so....he banished me to our guest bedroom and said he would come get me for the 2nd feeding.

Jakob...the little stinker :)....gave him 6 hours of sleep before the first feeding!  And I?!!!  I got 8 HOURS OF SLEEP!!!!!!!  8 hours people!!!!!  And not just 8 hours of light/keeping one ear on Jakob sleep.  I'm talking 8 hours of deep sleep.  So this is what it feels like to be fully rested?!  How wonderful.  How marvelous!  :)

So, Dave wins today!  Jakob wins too for sleeping 6 hours in one stretch!  Jeffery wins for sleeping 12 hours.  And I win for getting good sleep and for having battled in the trenches for as long as I have.  :)  Who knew that with that one good night of sleep....my spirits have been refreshed and my hope restored!

No comments: