Sunday, August 11, 2013

Jeffery LOVES the new house

Jeffery LOVES the new house.  You would think that we purchased it just for him....which, truth be told, isn't far from the truth.  The size of the fenced back yard, the fact that he could have his own bedroom, the added space...all of these things were taken into consideration and as top priorities when choosing this house.  But he has made himself quite at home already....and can already go up and down the stairs without our assistance (that happened sooner than I thought it would).  

He loves sitting on the stools at the island with daddy and being a "big boy".

He loves the fact that he can be in our bedroom now without us shooing him out because there just wasn't room for a rogue planet toddler.

And he LOVES the backyard.  Yesterday was the first day that we actually had time to just enjoy the back yard.  So, Dave set up Jeffery's new bubble mower (that Aunt Julie H. gave him for his birthday) and Jeffery spent the next 2 hours going back and forth across the back yard having the time of his life. Sadly, given that we are in a much more wooded area, mosquitos are QUITE the problem!  I can't even go to the mailbox without coming back in with at least one new bite.  I put Jeffery in jeans and socks and shoes and slathered his arms and neck with appropriate bug spray and they STILL got him.  They found the one spot I missed on his left arm....there are 7 or 8 bites there.  And they found that I had neglected to put anything on his face (didn't even consider it quite honestly) and he now has 5 bites on his face.  I HATE MOSQUITOS.  I put a query out on Facebook to my friends for advice on how to combat these mistakes of nature and have gotten some good ideas so hopefully we can resolve this issue in the future because I refuse to keep him inside until the first freeze when they all die (hopefully slow, painful deaths).

Can you see the bubbles?

Exploring his big back yard!

Playing with the useless citronella candles.  Useless because they were left right side up and it rained a couple days ago so they were completely wet and unable to be lit.

Typical boy: shovel and rocks = happiness.  Helping daddy in the fire pit area.

Learning about Saturday chores: mowing the yard!

Pushing daddy in the hammock.  

Now we just need to set up his whale sprinkler and the house will truly be a little boy paradise!  :)

No comments: