Tuesday, February 12, 2013

All We Know is [It's] Called.....

I have already been asked by several people what we're going to call the baby...until it is born and its name is revealed.  :)  It is a good question.  I mean....little Jeffery was "Og" or "Oggie" to everyone for such a long time.  (There are times that I think this troll-like moniker whilst he was in the womb fits him a little too well now that he is out....and a toddler troll.)

Soon after Dave and I found that we were having another baby, we found ourselves in discussions over what to call the baby.  I mean..."Og" is rather hard to compete with for sheer brilliance and originality.  :)  But on a walk one day through the neighborhood, we saw a sticker on a SUV and the light bulb went off in Dave's head.  The sticker was one of those stickers that people put in their back windows....and only people familiar with that distinct profile would have understood.  We....we were some of those people.  :)

I believe I have mentioned before my "slight" obsession with a BBC America show called "Top Gear".  (It has to be the BBC version....the American one on the History Channel...well, they try but they try too hard and they don't have the wit and snark the Brits do.)  Anyway, I am borderline obsessed.  I even made my family sit through a marathon of "best of shows" on New Years Eve a year ago in AZ while we were playing a game.  It is the perfect combination: fantastic wit, snark, and humor + politically incorrect commentary + beautiful beautiful beautiful fast cars.  WIN, WIN!!!!

Before I become rhapsodic and forget the purpose of this post, I'll get to the point.  :)  They have a racing driver that drives all of the cars on the show.  You never see the face of the driver.  The driver never speaks.  The driver is always introduced as "Their Tame Racing Driver" and then the main host, Jeremy, gives some random and bizarre guesses about the driver's life.  The driver is only known by one name......

The STIG.

It was the Stig's profile that we saw on the back of this truck.  And Dave immediately suggested that we call the baby....Stig.  I found it to be GENIUS!  Absolute genius!  It fit perfectly and was, in my mind, hilarious!  My sister-in-law, Julie, went one step further when she found this out and suggested that when we do find out the gender, we should color the Stig's always white helmet the color of the gender.  I think that is BRILLIANT!!!  :)  My mother groaned when I gleefully told her the news and asked us to reconsider.  But...Stig it is!  :)  Stig and Og.  Hmmm.  Both sound Scandinavian and troll-like.  I think we have a trend going.

No comments: