The Pedersens have 4 countdowns going on currently:
1. 49 days until we have find out if the Stig is a boy or a girl. My gut is saying "girl" but I haven't had any dreams yet like I did last time with Jeffery. Dave is still trying to sell his idea of not finding out...but that just isn't going to happen. I am now in the 2nd trimester and already feeling A LOT better!!! We heard the heartbeat last week and it was wonderful! And we have a name for a boy picked and a name for a girl picked...but like last time...we're keeping it a secret. (Sorry mom and Aunt Weezie...I know I'm vexing you. Hee, hee, hee)
2. 56 days until my parents come!!!! It has only been 61 days since they were last here but that is 61 days too long. We are ALL really really really excited and Dave is already looking forward to the event in Countdown 3......
3. 57 days until Richmond NASCAR!!!! NASCAR with Jeff-Bob (my dad) and Dave-Bob (Dave)...these are the names they've given each other and call each other when it concerns NASCAR or plumbing projects....and me!!!! Wooo-hoooo!!!!! I am hoping that this year is not quite as frigid as last year's race.
4. Too many days until Spring. Fall and Spring are by far my favorite seasons. I survive summer and tolerate winter. And normally, winter is tolerable. But this year, it has just been gloomy and dreary skies with very few sunny days, only a few days of snow (snow makes the gloomy and dreary skies tolerable), and some pretty bone chilling days. Yuck! And supposedly, we have one more Nor'Easter to contend with tomorrow. Needless to say, spring cannot arrive fast enough.
Now for some brief Jeffery updates. :)
He is certainly becoming his own little viking...I mean person. :) Father N. at the church where Dave works calls him the "viking boy" and when Jeffery takes off running, Father says that he is off to loot and pillage some new place. It isn't far off the mark! :) Every day brings some new personality trait or obsession. For instance...there was one whole day where he refused to take off his monkey hat. :) He wanted it on when he was still in pj's....when we went to Target on an errand...when we skyped with my parents in the afternoon. If he took it off, he was asking to have put back on minutes later.
 |
| Had to have his monkey hat on |
 |
| Look at those eyes. Ah! My heart just melts! |
 |
| The many moods of Jeffery |
He also renewed an old trick. If I say "No" or correct him in some way, he closes his eyes or put his hands over his eyes. I'm pretty sure he is convinced that in doing so, he becomes invisible and we can't see him anymore. He keeps this up until we stop trying to engage him, then slowly opens his eyes...but if we start in again...the eyes shut VERY quickly. I know I'm not supposed to laugh but I can't help it. It is one of the cutest things!
 |
| I can't see you so you can't see me. |
Jeffery runs everywhere. He does laps through the house (usually chasing daddy), he runs through halls at church....he is like a little Energizer Bunny. It is exhausting. :) He wants to sit up on the couch with you like a big boy but as soon as you let him....he is crawling this way and that way all over you and the couch and it is all you can do to keep him from going over the edge head first. He is truly living up to his "monkey" moniker. The child does not sit still....EVER.
 |
| Swing Time with daddy |
 |
| Look Grandma Jean! I'm wearing my mittens...happily! |
He can say some words. Cat, Car, Coo-koo (when our clock chimes), Cold, Cow....he is really good at the k sounds. :) He can also say da-da, whale, dog, and mommy (though he only will say the latter for babysitters...never for me....grrrrr!!!). He LOVES to play with the cats and they are so good with him. He has become best friends with Bo, the teddy bear I made for him when I was pregnant. There are times where we can't get out the front door without Bo coming along at Jeffery's insistence. He is still best friends with Bobo the monkey (that Aunt Julie P got him), Fritz the Fox (that a wonderful family friend of mine made him) and Mrs. Owl (the owl my mom gave him a year ago). But Bo...it makes my heart smile to see the connection he is starting to have with Bo the Bear. :) Every child needs a teddy bear. :)
 |
| I am up here and you are down there. |
He is still sleeping about 11 hours at night. BLISS! We have to thank the sleep sack and the hair dryer white noise for that! His naps range anywhere from 2-4 hours but are normally about 3 hours. Sleep makes for a sane mommy and daddy and a happier and healthy Jeffery. :) He understands the concept of babies and points to babies every time he sees one...but has yet to understand that mommy is going to have one. That will come later, I'm sure. Even though he is still TERRIBLY picky about his food...he continues to grow and is already out of most of his 18 month clothes. Ahhh! He is growing up just too quickly.
 |
| Hmmm. I don't like the look of this. |
 |
| Umm...I'm not sure about this "slide" thing!! |
So, with countdowns and trying to keep up with the monkey ("trying" being the operative word)...we have a full couple months ahead of us. I am just waiting with anxious breath for when the weather turns 60 degrees and we can start opening up all the windows and letting fresh air blow through the house. We have one more Nor'Easter to contend with and then hopefully sunnier skies and slightly warmer weather will be around the corner! Here's hoping for sunny skies in your neck of the woods!
No comments:
Post a Comment