A quick explanatory note. My last post mentioned several weather systems and natural disasters that Jeffery has lived through. While he didn't actually experience this in person because he had just been born that day...and in VA...I did refer to the "Haboob" that hit Phoenix last July 5th.
According to Wikipedia, a Haboob (Arabic word) is a "type of intense dust storm". Particularly arid regions of the world are prone to Haboobs: The middle East, Afghanistan, parts of Australia, the Sahara Desert....and Arizona. No kidding.
The picture below is of the Haboob that hit Phoenix the day Jeffery was born. It was EPIC....according to the Weather Channel reports that I was glued to in my hospital room. We were just very thankful that my parents had not waited until the 5th to fly out of AZ and had taken the red eye (leaving at 11pm) the night before. If you click on this picture (if it will let you) to see the bigger version, I am sure you can imagine that not many planes were taking off or landing in Phoenix that day. The picture looks like something straight out of a Hollywood movie. I half expect to see Will Smith fighting Aliens or something along those lines.
![]() |
| Looking towards downtown Phoenix |

No comments:
Post a Comment