Saturday, June 9, 2012

Catching Up

As Dave is out at Southside Speedway tonight for the races, I decided to check a friend's blog and realized that not only had I gone 3 posts without a picture of Jeffery...but I had failed to include his picture from his 10 month birthday.  I promise....these monthly pictures on his "month" birthday won't happen after he is 1 but for now, humor me.  :)

For his 10 month birthday, he got...a haircut.  Seriously.  This child's hair is insane.  It was starting to curl up in the back and the length over the ears and forehead was ridiculous.  The hair was hanging into his eyes.  So, he got his first haircut (and yes...I saved the clippings).
Before Hair Cut
After hair cut...in his new high chair from IKEA (God bless you IKEA)

And...he got his traditional cupcakes.  He even got to eat some of the frosting.  This child will still not eat ANYTHING that has texture to it so he was completely uninterested in the cupcakes themselves...but seemed to delight in the frosting.  Smart kid.  :)
2 adults, 1 baby (who won't eat the cupcakes) and 4 cupcakes....hmmmmm.

After attending the NASCAR race with my dad, we came home with presents for Jeffery.  :)
Modeling his new bib from Grandpa Jeff

And this picture is to prove that Little Lord Jeffery is not always charming.  He was in quite the cranky mood this day.  But even with this evidence, my mother will stay say that he is "absolutely perfect".  :)  Hahahahaha.
Thanks mom for the new dress!!
This child will NOT sit still!!!
Walking with daddy
His present from daddy - "I would rather be racing Dale Jr." onesie!  :)

I had a wonderful Mother's Day.  The director at St. Benedicts (where I am a section leader) handed out corsages to all the moms in the choir.  Dave brought home a great dinner to make and a bottle of champagne.  And the next day, he and Jeffery treated me to a fantastic lunch at a local Greek place.  It was a very special day.
"You turn me into somebody loved"

I have decided that kids are like cats....you really don't need to buy toys for them.  :)  Seriously.  Jeffery's favorite things these days are 1) his floor fan, 2) the plastic lids to his food, and 3) my Icebreakers Mints canister.  Unbelievable!  
He finds it especially funny when momma talks into the fan.

I have sentimental tears in my eyes as I write this next part.  Sadly....my little boy is not little anymore and he, as of today, has officially grown out of his Tummy Tub.  His favorite thing to do now is stand (on his own) in the tummy tub which makes it wobble every direction and sends my heart racing.  He has LOVED his Tummy Tub and I cannot speak highly enough of this little "bucket" and I will miss using it.
"Rubber Ducky, You're the One"
Bath Time!!!

I tried to do a little "photo shoot" with Jeffery the other day as our hydrangea bush is absolutely beautiful right now.  But....he decided not to really cooperate so this is the best I could get.
A child of the Commonwealth

But he soon perked up that day as in the evening, we attended a Richmond Flying Squirrels (AA farm team for the Giants) game.  It was a double header as they had been rained out during the 2nd inning the night before.  Jeffery lasted 14 innings!!!!!!!  I was floored.  He was sooo good and was just fascinated by all the sounds and lights and smells.
Sitting with daddy like a big boy
Go Squirrels!

We celebrated his 11 month birthday just a few days ago!  Where has this year gone?!  We are planning his 1 year birthday and are excited to celebrate the day with Dave's sister and brother who will be in town for the occasion.  We are then going to have a delayed celebration with my family (including Aunt Weezie and Uncle Joe) in a beautiful cabin along the Crystal River in Colorado at the end of July!!!!!  (Plane tickets are purchased and we can hardly stand the wait!!!!)
Look at his concentration and focus on that candle.  God help me if he is taking after his mother and is a pyro!  :)
Happy 11 months my little monkey!!!!

I had to document this phenomenon as it is simply too unbelievable!  This child will not sit still for anyone.  He HATES laps.  And yet...on multiple occasions, he will be sitting with his daddy and Dave will be singing to him (making up his own lyrics to the tunes of Broadway musicals....LOVE!) and Jeffery will simply pass out! To say that I am quite jealous would be an understatement.  And at the same time....it just melts my heart!
Nap time with daddy

As we head into July and Jeffery turning one year old, I amazed at how much he has grown and changed in these short months.  We love him so much and are so blessed by him.  He was well worth the wait!  :)

No comments: