First....let me just start this off by exclaiming how unbelievably excited I am that my mom is coming in 1 week!!!!! I can hardly contain my excitement and am watching the calendar slowly tick the days off one by one.
Okay...with that out of the way, I will move on. :)
Anyone who knows me well knows that I absolutely abhor summer and ADORE fall!!!! And we are so lucky to live in a place where we truly get to experience fall in all of its glory!!! Watch me eat my words some day but while we would love nothing more than to move back west at some point, I could NEVER move back to the Phoenix valley or to Southern California...where you have to travel a couple hours into the mountains to see and experience fall....or any other season for that matter! Nope. After living in "4 seasons" locations now for 10 years, I will have nothing else! :)
Fall in Virginia is everything my desert imagination dreamed it could be. The crispness in the air, the long shadows, the glorious colors on the trees, the smell of fires in the air...it is all out of some fall postcard! And then there are the pumpkin patches! Actual pumpkin patches!!!! We found Carter Mountain Orchards outside of Charlottesville last year purely by accident and instantly fell in love with its apple picking, pumpkin patches, apple cider donughts (YUM!), and beautiful vistas. As soon as I knew we would be having little Jeffery, I almost immediately began dreaming of our trip with him to the mountain!
| Jeffery is unsure about this outing. |
| The cutest little bumpkin in the pumpkin patch! :) |
| Those undulating mounds in the background....that is what passes for "mountains" out here. Good grief! :) |
My birthday was a low-key day....exactly what I needed and wanted. Dave made a fantastic dinner and got me the beautiful cake in the picture. Jeffery laughed for the first time (twice!) and Dave gave me a gift certificate for an hour long aromatherapy massage at my favorite massage place. BLISS!!!!! :)
As I said, my mom is coming to visit next week. Sadly, my dad is unable to make the trip and he will be missed but we are all SO excited that at least my mom is coming!! Their birthday present to me was the cutest idea!!! They sent me the coupon in the picture below for us to use while my mom is here! I think it is just her attempt to get us out of the house and have the baby all to herself! :) Dave and I will certainly be redeeming this coupon as we haven't had a nice/fancy dinner out in a LONG, LONG time!!!
| Starting to lift that head during tummy time! |
![]() |
| Jeffery and his giraffe....chillin' in the swing! |

1 comment:
Good for you guys to not change your schedule completely just because Jeffrey isn't in a good mood! I know many parents who have changed everything to please the baby and now have not good travelers! Kudos to the Pedersen's!
Post a Comment