Wednesday, October 5, 2011

3 Months

3 months ago today, our lives forever changed as we welcomed Jeffery Thomas into the world.
1 hour old

I am floored at how quickly time has flown by....and how much our little boy has changed in just three months.
Yay for being 3 months old!

Fortunately, some things have not changed.  Jeffery still LOVES bath time....



....and nap time.  He is even starting to give me a solid 4-5 hours of sleep in one stretch every night.  (Knock on wood that I didn't just jinx that!!!)
He is his mommy and daddy's son!!  He LOVES his sleep!!!

But with three months under his belt, Jeffery has learned some new tricks: he is smiling up a storm, cooing like crazy, I swear I heard a laugh this morning, he is clasping his hands and sticking those fists in his mouth whenever he has the chance....and has very adamantly decided that he HATES tummy time.  We are supposed to give him supervised "tummy time" several times a day to encourage the strengthening of his chest and arm muscles.  But...being that he is our son and has inherited our stubborn wills (oh dear!)...he has decided to resist tummy time by 1) howling in protest and 2) learning to roll over onto his back.    He will only stay on his tummy for a minute before rolling over and then smiling at outwitting mommy and daddy.  
I hate tummy time so much I learned to roll over!!!

Jeffery has always been alert.  We receive comments all the time about how alert he seems to be.  But these days he is becoming much more aware of his surroundings....and the changing seasons.
Daddy and our little monkey!

Fall has definitely arrived in Virginia!  We've already had lows in the low 40's (and all the windows are open!!) and the trees are starting to show some color.  This makes me terribly happy for several reasons.  1) I really do abhor summer, 2) I LOVE the cold weather, 3) we get to dress Jeffery in cute warm clothes, etc.
Ready for a trip to Maymont Park

The below outfit was a recent purchase from Old Navy and Dave and I agree that it is the best thing we've bought for him so far.  We can't help but laugh and our hearts melt at the mere sight of this cute little bundle!!!
Our little baby bear!

Three months with this little boy has already been life changing.  I cannot even begin to fathom what a lifetime will bring.  He is a joy and a blessing to us and we love him so much.
Happy Birthday Jeffery Thomas!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your updates. What a cute little guy.