Monday, September 26, 2011

Take Me Out to the Ballgame...

The Richmond Flying Squirrels (the AA farm team for the San Francisco Giants) were in their division's playoffs recently.  We had enjoyed several games back in June before Jeffery arrived and Dave decided that we should enjoy one more game this season....and take Jeffery to his first baseball game.
O Say Can You See.....

So...we bundled Jeffy up and loaded him into the moby and embarked upon this new adventure.  Thank goodness Dave thought of adding a hat to Jeffy's ensemble because it was a brisk 61 degrees.


He slept through the majority of the game, snuggled up against me.

Pitching change for the New Hampshire Fishercats

Prior to going to AZ, I was anxious about taking Jeffery anywhere....even on errands to the grocery store or Target.  He wasn't really on any schedule when it came to feedings and I never knew when he was going to melt down and I just dreaded that melt down coming in a public place.  But not only is he on a pretty predictable schedule now and has matured that many more weeks....but my blessed parents forced the issue while I was in AZ.  Their motto has always been "have baby, will travel" and I found that my anxiety had been completely unwarranted as we went out to lunch/dinners and hair salons and shopping malls and he was angelic....95% of the time.  :)

So...with this anxiety of mine out of the way now....and the cooling weather....I am much more amenable to venturing out of the house with Jeffery in tow.  This is good because I was about to go crazy.  Sure...there are days where I just want to stay home and not go out but for the most part, I want to be out doing things.  And what is better than a family outing to a baseball game?!
Yay for taking the bottle.....

.....and the pacifier!!!

Dave was just so happy to be at a baseball game...with his little son.  It seems I am much more aware of little boys these days and they were just swarming the whole stadium.  We have a LOT to look forward to!  :)
Daddy and Jeffy!!  Go Squirrels!

As we predicted, when Jeffery finally did wake up, he was fascinated by the bright lights and the sounds of the crowd.  And...he was kind enough to time any squawking he did do with the cheers of the crowd so no one could hear him!  :)  And then he went back to sleep...and continued to sleep even through the great and extremely loud fireworks show after the game.  :)

On a final note....the Squirrels won the game...but lost the series and the division championship.  Maybe next year!!

1 comment:

Meg said...

your parents are wise folks! That was always our motto too! Wee Jeffy looks SO adorable in those knit caps, I wish it got cold enough here to warrant them!