If you were to flip back through this blog, you would notice an entry congratulating Dave on becoming the new director of the James River Singers....the semi-professional choir we've had the honor to sing in for the past 4 seasons. His first season was supposed to be last spring....but for reasons out of his control, that didn't end up happening.
Well, the stars aligned this fall and we are now half way through our rehearsals for our first concert under his direction.
*On a side note, there are so many emotions I am having this fall concerning JRS. 1) I am so terribly proud of Dave. He has such a joy and uplifting spirit about him in rehearsals that is contagious. He manages the rehearsal time so well and still manages to have fun. He is his own director....but I have to admit that there are times where I see a lot of my dad in him as well. :) {He recently introduced people to the concept of the "bracket"!!! Hahahaha.} 2) The music, as a whole, is very uplifting and beautiful and I walk away after every rehearsal feeling renewed. 3) I am SO thankful that I am still singing in the group as it gives me a chance to be "Jessica" for 2 hours and not "Mommy" -- a title and role which I LOVE but there are times when both Jeffery and I need a break from each other! :) I KNOW that I am a better mommy to him because I am able to take a step back, regroup, recharge the spirit doing something that I love and would be lost without, and....especially on more difficult days...regain some sanity. 4) I am forever thankful for "Queenie"....our wonderful friend who has so generously offered to watch Lord Jeffery (as she calls him) every week. It makes it easy to take the time for myself knowing that he is in such loving hands.
Enough of the side note....moving on. Dave had to get some head shots done for use on the group's website and programs. We cannot decide which one he should use. He was given about 12 to choose from but these two are our favorites. Extremely handsome guy if you ask me!!! :)
He was thrilled with the photo shoot and the results. If you are in Richmond and need a good photographer....contact Cellar Door Images and Ashleigh Hobson. We are VERY impressed! {And there's my little plug for her!}
And....if you are in Richmond or the surrounding area the weekend before Thanksgiving....I would STRONGLY encourage you to come to our concert. It is going to be fantastic and should not be missed. Even if you're not in VA...we would still love for you to come! You will not be disappointed!!



2 comments:
Love it. The concept of the bracket... Ha ha ha.
I'd go with #2 -- more friendly.
Post a Comment