Wednesday, November 2, 2011

A Banana for Halloween

Why does it seem that 1) stores start putting Christmas things in the displays earlier and earlier and 2) that the time between Halloween and New Years goes faster and faster with each passing year?  I cannot believe that Halloween is already behind us!

As I said in an earlier post, I am so excited about celebrating all of the upcoming holidays with Jeffery.  I know that he won't really be cognizant of what is going on but these firsts...we will never have them with him again and they are so special and important to us!  So...on to his first Halloween!!!
My first Halloween

Our friends had their baby son last year in July and last Halloween, he went as a banana and was so terribly cute!  So, I contacted her and asked to borrow the outfit for little Lord Jeffery!  Halloween night was cold and rainy and Jeffery isn't into candy yet.... :) .....so we made an appearance at the end of Dave's Women's Chorale rehearsal at the University of Richmond.  30 plus girls/women broke out into "awwws" and exclamations of how cute he was and Jeffery put on quite the show of smiling and flirting and being his charming self!  :)
Proud Pappa and his banana at U of R

Jeffery and I then came home and went to see the neighbors where I had a piece of candy for him!  :)  It was a sacrifice but someone had to do it!  :)  We then jumped on the computer and skyped with my parents and then with my sister so they could see Jeffery in his Halloween finest!  He is becoming so interactive with them over skype and is talking and smiling up a storm with them....making it practically painful to finally end the call.  With as much as we skype with my parents, I do believe that he is starting to recognize their voices and maybe even their faces.  He lights up almost every time we start skyping with them.  Technology is a BEAUTIFUL thing!!!!!  :)
Talking with Arizona on the computer

"Bananas are my favorite because they have "a-peel"."  :)  My mom used to always sing this song to us....though I will admit that it wasn't until I was a teenager that I finally understood the play on words. Good grief, Jessica!!
Our little Chiquita Banana.  Can he get any cuter?!!!!

My dad informs me that next year, Jeffery is going to be Sparky the Sun Devil...the Arizona State University mascot.  :)  Just as long as he isn't a Wild Cat (as in University of Arizona!).  :)  Though I think our neighbors/friends will want to see him as Hokie (for Virginia Tech).  And now, we're in countdown mode for my mom's arrival.  2 days!!!!  2 days and Granny Jean will be here!!  So, Happy Halloween everyone and a blessed All Soul's Day!

1 comment:

Bert and Kelli Millett said...

I love all the big, obnoxious costumes they make for babies. It's hard to choose between bananas, monkeys and peas in a pod. Our Jacob was a Jacob-lantern.

We trick-or-treated at your parent's house again. What a real treat to see them.