Someone is already 1 month old! Dear God, where has the time gone?! This past month has flown by at the speed of light and I am praying that the next month goes by a little slower....though I know it won't. As you can see....little Jeffy is just as unhappy as his parents are that this first month of his existence is already in the past.
He is no longer a newborn. We took him in to the doctor this past week to address some possible congestion and gas pain issues....and our jaws dropped (along with the doctor's jaw) when they weighed him. He had gained 2 lbs in 3 weeks and is now 9 lbs, 4 oz. Which would explain why I feel like I am feeding him all the time. :) He is changing and growing before our eyes and is becoming very aware of his surroundings....and meeting all sorts of new friends, both human and stuffed. :)

He is a little Houdini. We bought these swaddlers to help alleviate the issue of him breaking out of his blanket swaddle....but he is still escaping. :) He is starting to become accustomed to the pacifier and the bottle...which is doing wonders for my sanity as I am able to go do errands or slip off to a yoga class and know that Dave can handle everything.

One of the best purchases that we made in preparation for Jeffy's arrival was the Tummy Tub. I seriously cannot speak highly enough about this simple yet genius "bucket". He LOVES his bath time and is finally starting to fill the tub out so he isn't floating and spinning quite as much. He can be screaming his lungs out and immediately quiets when we put him into the tub. We can't wait for him to start splashing water and laughing as we bathe him.

One MAJOR adjustment has been transitioning him to "our" schedule. He is a champion sleeper and will take 3-4 hour naps in the afternoon.....and then is up and fussy for 2-3 hours around 2 am. :) We spoke to the doctor about this and she made a few suggestions and for 3 nights now...I've been getting 4.5 hours of sleep on the first shift and have been getting a total of 7 hours when all is said and done. This has also done wonders for my sanity!!! :)
Dave is absolutely smitten with his little boy. And Jeffy is quite taken with his daddy. He will be fussy and irritable in my arms and then Dave will take him and he quiets right down. Last week, I woke up and had gotten good sleep but was still tired. Dave took the baby so I could have "10" more minutes of sleep. Well, an hour later (oopps!) I emerged from my slumber and found Dave in the nursery, sitting in the rocking chair with the baby in his arms and Jeffy was just staring up at him as Dave read to him from "The One Hundred Acre Wood". They were already on page 72! :) My heart just melted into a little puddle.
My mom set a dangerous precedent when we celebrated Jeffery's 1 week birthday with cupcakes from Carytown Cupcakes. What is 1 week compared to 1 month?!! :) So, I made a trip and acquired 3 cupcakes and we had a grand celebration!


The celebration of his 2 month birthday will be bittersweet as he and I will celebrate it with my parents in Arizona but Dave will be back here in Virginia and will have to content himself with Skyping his birthday wishes. I can't believe his baptism in AZ is fast approaching. We are sooo excited for the trip and my parents have already said that after my 2 week stay out there, I may be leaving AZ without my monkey as they will want to keep him! ;) Who wouldn't want to keep such a cutie?!!!!

1 comment:
I've never seen my dad cry so much as when I take the grandbabies back with me on the airplane. Good luck with the flight and enjoy the time with grandparents!
Post a Comment