Monday, July 25, 2011

Triple Digits

Time is flying by!!! I can barely believe that our little Jeffy is going to be 3 weeks old tomorrow. We are pretty sure that he is now at least 8 lbs....he is starting to have little folds in his legs and arms. :) My mom says that I resembled the Michelin Tire Man so we'll see if our little boys takes after me. So, he is going to be 3 weeks old, he seems to have tripled in size....and we're suffering triple digit temps in VA!

It has been blasted hot here in the Commonwealth. But before it got really hot, we were able to take our first walk through the neighborhood with Jeffy. He slept through the whole thing but I consider that to be a blessing as it shows he likes his stroller. I am looking forward to daily walks as soon as the mornings aren't such a blazing inferno.

As I said, he is really growing. I feel like he has tripled in size since coming home.

Dave's parents came to town this past week to visit their new grandson. We are very blessed that both sides of our family have been able to make the trek out east to visit our little boy! Here is the Pedersen family soon after their arrival in VA!

The Pedersens had a great visit out here in VA....even though we were experiencing one of the rings of Dante's "Inferno"...and it wasn't the ice one. :( To keep cool, Dave took them to the art museum to see the Faberge exhibit and then on a driving tour of Hollywood Cemetery. Battlefields...and anything that required being outside for more than 5 minutes...was simply out of the question given how hot it was. Maybe someday they will be able to visit VA in the winter or spring and see just how lovely our state is when you aren't so concerned about melting. :)

It was a wonderful visit from Grandpa and Grandma Pedersen and we look forward to seeing them again in just a month when we make the trek out to AZ for little Jeffy's baptism.

My little Lima Bean! He sure does love to be swaddled.
I know we won't know for several months but I swear to you....especially when he is wearing green (like the above picture)....that he is going to have red hair. At least for a little while. :)

So....at least for a month until we go to AZ....we are back to being a family of 3. We miss our families so much and wish we were closer. I grew up in AZ with both sides of grandparents being in Iowa and I now realize how much my grandparents missed out on....and how much my sister and I missed out on....by being so far away. Thankfully, my parents are set up on Skype so they can see Jeffery as he grows and he can hear their voices. We will hopefully get Dave's parents on Skype pretty soon so they can do the same. But...as thankful as I am for the technology...it doesn't make up for them actually seeing him, holding him, etc....more often than the once a year trip. I know this from experience. And yes...we have to be where the jobs are and we have been so blessed to build for ourselves an amazing community of friends who have become like family here in Richmond....but I will always wish we were closer.

The Pedersen Press coming from....say....Colorado? I think that has a lovely ring to it!!! :) Sigh. One can dream. :)

1 comment:

MTO said...

Yay for the bouncy seat! Also, I was totally thinking it looked like he had red hair---so adorable!!