Thursday, August 18, 2011

Heldentenor in Training

I knew this day would come. I knew there would be the first (and sadly, not the last) time where I am in a public place and dealing with a complete meltdown from little Jeffery. Fortunately...I was in the best place for sympathetic looks and understanding from people...his pediatrician's office. How could this sweet and cute boy turn into such a wailing monster so quickly?!

We survived....but I am pretty sure that the very kind and patient and calm doctor's eardrums are now bleeding. I know mine are. But, I have realized there is one simple explanation for Jeffery's sustained crying at such a high pitch:
He is in training to be a Heldentenor
A Heldentenor (or Heroic Tenor) is a feature of German Romantic Operas (very popular in Wagnerian operas) and as wikipedia puts it, the roles are "extremely demanding, requiring a wide vocal range and great power, plus tremendous stamina...". Yep! Little Jeffery is definitely training to be a Heldentenor.

Watch just the first minute of youtube video (you can watch the whole thing but your eardrums may bleed by the 10th minute)...and you will hear what my son sounded like this afternoon.

These so called "professionals" have NOTHING compared to little Jeffery. They are amateurs....the lot of them! Ladies and gentlemen, we have the next Siegfried (Wagner reference) in our midst! :)

On that note, I think I will include some really cute pictures that we've taken lately. Enjoy!

Smirking at daddy.....

He hasn't started to cooo yet but he's getting close. He LOVES his changing table for some reason and it is sometimes the only place where he's happy.

Daddy feeding little Jeffery. I have been able to make it back to the gym and my yoga classes....and I am hurting because of it this week! :) YAY!

He is also extremely content and happy (most of the time) during bath times! What a cute little stinker he is!!! :)

On a final note, he is now 10 lbs, 7 oz and is growing, growing, growing!!! AND...he cannot wait to meet everyone in Arizona and the family coming over from California! See you all soon!

1 comment:

Mrs. 5C said...

What a handsome little guy! (I think he grew even since last week!) Any screaming he accomplished at the pediatrician was surely negated by his charming looks. And this is good! We need more macho men in the choir! ;)
Thanks for sharing your blog with us!