There are weeks where I sometimes feel like nothing happens. And then there are weeks where I feel that an entire month of activities has been compressed into one week. This week would be the latter.
For a whole semester...strike that...for 2 years...this week has been looming on the calendar. This is the week that Dave leads the University of Richmond choirs in their Spring Concert. This includes directing Schola and eighth blackbird (a Grammy Award winning chamber ensemble) in the World Premier of a newly composed piece by American composer, Chen Yi.
She has composed pieces for major orchestras and vocal ensembles (like Chanticleer). Dave had the honor of rehearsing the piece with her in the room on Monday and she was blown away by how well the choir sounded!! Props for Dave!!! :) Tonight is the final rehearsal with her working with the groups and then the concert is on Friday. Dave seems so calm. If this were me...I think I would be a wreck of nerves!!! :)Sadly, at the beginning of this already busy week....my family suffered the death of my Grandma Dori...my dad's mom. Here we are when I was 3 or 4.
She turned 80 last November and while she has suffered from heart problems for years, she was supposedly doing pretty well....as recent as this past Saturday. But Sunday saw her come down with a fever and she was soon admitted to the hospital where she passed away late Monday evening. Everything happened so suddenly...which is a blessing in many ways. So, I am departing for Iowa before the dawn breaks on Saturday morning. Dave is staying here to hold down the fort. I will make it to Des Moines, meet my sister, and we will drive to Fort Dodge and (God willing) make it with time to spare before the funeral occurs that afternoon. It is sad to contemplate that I no longer have any grandparents living. But at least she knew about Oggie and was very excited for us!
She turned 80 last November and while she has suffered from heart problems for years, she was supposedly doing pretty well....as recent as this past Saturday. But Sunday saw her come down with a fever and she was soon admitted to the hospital where she passed away late Monday evening. Everything happened so suddenly...which is a blessing in many ways. So, I am departing for Iowa before the dawn breaks on Saturday morning. Dave is staying here to hold down the fort. I will make it to Des Moines, meet my sister, and we will drive to Fort Dodge and (God willing) make it with time to spare before the funeral occurs that afternoon. It is sad to contemplate that I no longer have any grandparents living. But at least she knew about Oggie and was very excited for us!On a happier note, we took last weekend to do a little day trip down in the Tidewater area. We drove down the 10 to the Smithfield Ferry, took the ferry across the James River to Jamestown, drove the Colonial Parkway all the way to Yorktown, had lunch at our favorite German restaurant, and then attended the most amazing model train exhibit I've ever seen...outside of the one I saw in Chicago. This exhibit was really an Open House put on by a club in the Yorktown area.
The exhibit spanned 3 levels and the detail and coordination was unreal. All the trains were HO scale....and they even had a Thomas the Train to excite the little kids. Speaking of which...Dave came home from a trip of errands yesterday and announced he had a gift for the baby....2 DVD's....one of Winnie the Pooh and the other of Thomas the Train.
Dave is already informing me that his N Scale trains will be inappropriate for the baby and that little Oggie will need his own HO or even Lionel train set!!! Oh dear!! :) I can already see Oggie trying to convince me that his trains need to stay up for 1/2 the year...just like his Pa! :) Hahahahaha. *Update* Since we're on the topic...I thought I would happily inform everyone that Dave took down his trains....and 1 whole week before the 4th Sunday of Lent!!!! It is nice to have the space in the living room back! :)
Dave is already informing me that his N Scale trains will be inappropriate for the baby and that little Oggie will need his own HO or even Lionel train set!!! Oh dear!! :) I can already see Oggie trying to convince me that his trains need to stay up for 1/2 the year...just like his Pa! :) Hahahahaha. *Update* Since we're on the topic...I thought I would happily inform everyone that Dave took down his trains....and 1 whole week before the 4th Sunday of Lent!!!! It is nice to have the space in the living room back! :)And speaking of little Oggie....he will be here before we know it!! As of today (and the picture below), I am 26 weeks, 3 days!!!! :) July here we come!!!!
I almost have all of the baptism details ironed out!! Oggie is kicking a LOT and is already waking me up in the middle of the night!!! :) We are pre-registered at the hospital and starting at the end of April, Dave and I are taking a 4 week class at the hospital. We have a new office desk which is MUCH more space efficient as we are moving the office stuff into the guest bedroom. The makeover of the office into the nursery has yet to begin but hopefully that will start soon. I don't think the pets have a clue yet but they'll realize soon enough that their lives are about to drastically change. :) I am feeling fine (except for chocolate triggering horrendous heartburn...someone's idea of a cruel joke I think) and the doctor is very pleased with my progression...though she still says I can stand to gain more weight.
So...there is the Pedersen update. Prayers for my Grandma and my family would be appreciated. And continued prayers for me and Dave and Oggie would also be appreciated.
Grandma, In Paradisum deducant te Angeli (May angels lead you into Paradise, upon your arrival, may the Martyrs receive you and lead you into the holy city of Jerusalem. May the ranks of angels receive you, and with Lazarus, the poor man, may you have eternal rest).
No comments:
Post a Comment