Friday, April 29, 2011

Cribs, Classes, and Teddy Bears....Oh My!!!

We've entered the final 10 weeks....assuming that Oggie doesn't come early. :) LOTS of prayers that he doesn't make an early entrance! At our doctor appointment this week, we actually scheduled appointments into June and my 36th week. UNREAL!!!! Where have these months gone? I spent the first 4 months holding my breath...praying with every fiber in me that everything was going to go well. I have spent the past couple months full of dreams and ideas and the excitement has been building every day. And now...a little anxiety and a whole lot of nervousness has crept into my head.

Good Friday was a great day in the Pedersen household because the crib and the dresser for the nursery arrived!!! We are going to work on setting up these pieces of furniture next week....once the Salvation Army comes for our old office desk/old kitchen table. So here is a picture from online of the crib.....
(*note: we're not giving anything away with this picture. Oggie's name is NOT going to be Tristan. :) However, the madras bumper IS what we've decided to go with)

and here is a picture of the matching dresser with removable changing table attachment.
MUCH love and thanks to the amazing people who sent us these beautiful, beautiful pieces for the nursery. We feel so lucky and blessed. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!

We started "Confident Childbirth" classes at our hospital this past week. It is a 2.5 hour weekly course that goes for 4 weeks. The information we received in just the first class was EXTREMELY helpful and overwhelming at the same time. Half of the first class was directed solely towards the fathers-to-be. I have to share that while I do NOT feel confident (at least not yet...hopefully these classes will help) about the whole labor process...I am VERY confident that I will be in good hands during the whole thing with Dave by my side. There were 10 couples in the class and he was the only male taking copious (and I do mean copious) amounts of notes. And after class, he was so energized and excited about everything we had learned and gone over and was looking forward to the next class. Except for maybe one or two other men....Dave was the only one who didn't look like he had been dragged there against his will!!! :) I know he will take a very active role in the labor process and will be such a supportive and motivating partner. It is sad to think that it wasn't very long ago at all that the fathers were relegated to waiting rooms while their wives labored. I am SO thankful that Dave will be there and is excited to be an active participant.

So the registry is done, the crib and the dresser are here, Oggie has a "real" name (which is still under lock and key), I passed my gestational diabetes test, and I am measuring perfectly. But something was missing. And I've been looking forward to doing this for a LONG time.

Every child needs a teddy bear. I cannot tell you how STRONGLY I believe this. Other stuffed animals are fine...and Oggie is going to have them coming out of his ears....of ALL sizes!! :) But a teddy bear has to be in the mix. Here is Dave's Teddy from when he was little.....
Dave says that he used to drag Teddy around by the ear everywhere he went and would curl up with him at night when he would go to sleep.

...and here is my Teddy from when I was little.
I cannot tell you how many stories I read to Teddy, how many hugs I gave Teddy, how he made me feel better when I was sick. My little cousin once stole Teddy when we were in Wisconsin, he went home with her to New York City....and he somehow found his way back to me in Arizona. Even in high school, he was there on my bed...and would hear my elation at some new crush or piece of good news or soak up my tears from some little heartbreak. Teddy Bears are essential. :)

So....meet Oggie's new Teddy! :) I went to Build-a-Bear today and made him myself. He is soft and plush and just lovely.....and it is my dearest hope that he someday looks like the two teddy bears in the pictures above after years of love and adventure.

Thank you for the continued prayers for the Pedersens!!! Keep them coming!!! :)

No comments: