Wow! It has been a LONG time since I posted...and a LOT has gone on. So, bear with me as I update us all over 3 posts about 1) the pregnancy, 2) our spring visitors, and 3) the goings on of our immediate family.
I realize that it has been so long since my last post that I haven't even informed everyone of the sex of the baby....which we did find out. We're having......ANOTHER BOY!!!!!!! I'm elated. We're all excited. And we laughed so very hard in the ultrasound room when the sex was determined as we knew several people who had bets (actual bets) going. One has to buy her fiancé Chipotle now. :) Hahahaha. Everyone....including us....were convinced that it was a girl. But it is Sven....another Viking lad to add to our Viking clan. :)
Just like with Jeffery and Jakob, as soon as we saw the healthy ultrasound and found out the sex, I made my way to Build a Bear and made "Sven" his own bear. You see him by himself in the picture below....and with his bear brothers: Jeb (Jakob's bear....on the left) and Beau (Jeffery's bear....on the right). The new bear is named Wally. And if you would like to know why his name is Wally, you can e-mail me and ask. :) But there is a theme going. I promise.
My parents visited in April (see the second post) and while they were here, my mom very graciously helped me sort through the stored clothes we had for newborns and infants. I was amazed at how much we have! Given that all of our babies have been summer babies.....we are set!!!!! :) So, his nursery is all set and his dresser is all filled. The only thing missing is him!
This pregnancy has been......different. My doctor keeps reminding me that it is 1) my third successful pregnancy (6th time pregnant though) and 2) that I'm 37....and not 31. Thanks, Dr. H. :) With the boys, I was done with the nausea by the 14th week or so. With "Sven", the nausea held on until the 21st week. And some days were just awful. Just nausea (thankfully) but it was unpleasant. That is one of the reasons we were all convinced the baby would be a girl. And now, after a blissful 8 week absence, the nausea is back. :/ I started suffering from Braxton-Hicks around the 20th week.....which, with the two boys, didn't happen until 30 weeks or so. Those have been delightful. :( And the pains associated with 2nd and 3rd trimesters have been much more pronounced than with previous pregnancies.
And the comments and actions. Seriously. When it comes to pregnant women, people seem to have no boundaries or filters. Even though I haven't gained an extreme amount of weight, "Sven" is showing much more than either Jeffery or Jakob did and my very round and protruding belly seem to be a welcome magnet for strangers....and friends....to just randomly touch my belly! Something that annoys me more than almost anything else. And then there's the comments. It got so bad in March that I almost took to the house to hibernate until I gave birth. Comments from random strangers about 3 being too many kids, or I look like I'm about to burst, or am I sure I'm not due next week but all the way in July, or how sad I must be that I'm not having a girl (said in front of my boys!). I'm about to go Mama-Bear on the person who next touches my belly or makes some comment. I kid you not.
Aside from all of that, we really are excited to welcome little "Sven". The boys just glow when they talk about their baby brother to anyone. And they tell everyone!!!!!!! We have decided upon a first name. To be honest, we knew when Jakob was 1 month old what a third boy would be named (if we were so blessed) and we have stuck with that name. My dad is convinced that he knows.....but as in the past, we are keeping it a secret. The place where we are stuck is the middle name. I am pushing for two and Dave is wanting only one. Given how pleasant :( this pregnancy has been for me, I am going to force my hand....or at least try to...and get my way :)
So.....I'm at 31 weeks and seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. He just needs to stay put until the 1st of July so my parents can make it out here as soon as they can after his birth. They have a good track record so far. I'll hold off on the red raspberry leaf tea until July 1st.....and then all bets are off. :)
Another 8-9 weeks (hopefully) and then we'll be a family of 5. Please keep us in your prayers that everything goes well and everyone comes out safe and healthy.



No comments:
Post a Comment