We have been swamped with rain lately....with really no end in sight....but that has resulted in cooler temperatures which makes me rejoice! I ABHOR summer as it is and anything above 90 degrees with humidity added when you are this pregnant is just torture. So, I'm considering myself really blessed right now!
As we are counting down the weeks, here is our little check list that we are slowly but surely marking off:
Full Name? Check! And we LOVE it!!!!!!! And I got my 2 middle names. The only hints that I will tell you are the following: 1. It is a J name. We let that slip a while ago so it is okay to share here. 2. We broke with our trend of having English Martyrs/Saints (Thomas More & Thomas Becket) for the middle name. :) And that's all you get.
Godparents? Check! And we are so very pleased!!!!!!!!
Bin full of gas drops and saline drops and the nose frida and baby shampoo and lotion, etc? Check.
Tummy tub ready and waiting? Check! We wouldn't dream of using anything else.
Dresser filled with clothes? Check.
Teddy Bear made? Check. Wally is waiting on the shelf in the nursery.
Bouncy seat out? Check.
Pre-registered at the hospital? Check. Did that a month ago.
Refresher on breathing and focusing techniques during labor? Check.....well, that's an ongoing thing.
Coverage for the boys? Check. My parents will take a red eye flight and be here the morning of Jeffery's birthday but we have both day and night coverage for the boys if Sven were to come before their arrival.
Cake for Jeffery's birthday? Check. Our dear dear friend has agreed to help out on that front. My parents will have just arrived that morning and I could be anywhere: in the hospital and laboring, in the hospital with a baby, at home with a newborn, or very unhappy because the baby still hasn't come. In any case, the last thing I need to be thinking about is a birthday cake for Jeffery but he deserves to have a great birthday! Enter our dear friend and her AMAZING cakes!
Playlist of music to use during labor & delivery? Check. I actually have two. One is soothing music. The other was Dave's suggestion: Linda Ronstadt's Mariachi Music. NO.KIDDING. :) His reasoning? It is happy music, puts us in a good mood, makes us want to sing and dance to it,.....and will be a motivator for me as the quicker the baby gets out, the quicker I can have one of Dave's famous margaritas again. :) I like his reasoning!!!!
Things we still need to do:
Get a new mattress for the crib.
Set up the pack and play next to my side of the bed
Pack my hospital bag
Purchase a new "coming home outfit" for Sven
Have the boys buy a stuffy for their new brother
Get the stroller down and ready
Purchase my magic tea
Get a "new to us" car
Install the car seat into the new vehicle
Remind my mom to bring my Grandpa's 108 year old baptismal gown with her
Hold off Labor until after July 2nd (God willing) :)
Make 3-4 batches of bread and freeze them so they're ready and I don't have to think of that chore.
Move Spike (the snake) out of the nursery and back into the Guest Room/Office
Make sure we are totally ready for Jeffery's birthday before the end of June
With the exception of the relatively small list above, we are pretty ready for Sven's arrival. And VERY excited to finally meet him!!! I am trying to take things one day at a time (Dave's suggestion) as I have been having quite a bit of anxiety....about a lot of things....that is all thanks to the pregnancy hormones. I love checking things off lists so making lists has been very helpful in taking things a day at a time while not forgetting the bigger stuff that has to be done.
Now, God's timing is not our own....I know this. Our godson, Michael, decided to come a month early. But I really need to hold off labor until after July 1st. HOWEVER, this is a problem as I am already done being pregnant. So, as I have announced to Dave, he has until the afternoon of July 2nd. I will let him get through Masses that Sunday morning (his job) and then, upon our return home, I will start my tea regimen. After that.....all bets are off and I guarantee nothing. :) HA HA HA!!!!!! In the past, with both boys, I have gone into labor 2 days after starting my tea regimen. Of course....this is assuming that God's timing lines up with mine. But that's the plan, according to Jessica.
So, Sven....we're almost ready for you. Almost. Just hold on a little longer. Please. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment