Friday, January 13, 2017

Coming Soon....to the Pedersens in VA


Yep!  You see the picture correctly.  It says "Baby".  :)  :)  :)  A third Viking lad or lass will be joining our Clan this summer.

Given our history, we waited with baited breath for the first ultrasound.  I sometimes had to remind myself to breath in the days leading up to that first appointment.  But I had a good feeling about this pregnancy.  The reason....besides the absolute absence of energy and the constant all day nausea?!?

* Our first appointment with the first ultrasound was scheduled for December 8th - the Feast of the Immaculate Conception.

* The second appointment, where you get to hear the heartbeat, was scheduled for January 4th - St. Elizabeth Ann Seton's Feast Day.  And she is my confirmation Saint.

I did not schedule these appointments on these specific days.  They were just the first available and it wasn't until later that I realized the significance.  And the significance is more than just meets the eye for it was upon reflecting on this that I realized that after the first two miscarriages, a very dear priest friend of ours suggested we name the babies and "Maria" and "Elizabeth" were the names we'd given them....for Mary and Elizabeth Ann Seton.  With this realization, I was overwhelmed and felt a little less anxious about this pregnancy.

So, here I am.....15 weeks along today.  :)  We told the boys immediately after the first appointment and they have been proudly telling everyone that we're going to have a new baby this summer.

When in the summer, you ask?!  Hahahahahaha.  As it turns out, my due date is 2 days after Jeffery's birthday in early July.  Jeffery could very possibly get quite the birthday present this year!!!  :)

I am now feeling much better.  The nausea has all but disappeared...though food aversions, especially for left overs, have not.  My energy has come back to a degree and I feel like I can actually function for my family again.

We have decided to find out the sex of the baby and that will happen towards the end of February.  Well.....I decided and insisted on getting my way.  :)  Dave would be perfectly fine leaving it to be a surprise.  He was quite set on this.  But I just cannot do that.  :)  It would drive me literally crazy to not know.  So....I got my way and we'll be finding out!  :)

While I am 15 weeks along and technically out of my danger zone, any and all prayers are still appreciated.  Dave and I are thrilled and over the moon to be adding to our family.  Since Jakob was 1 month old, he's been calling him the "middle child".  I just about hurt Dave when he first said that and I wasn't even 6 weeks postpartum and completely deprived of sleep, but now.....we can't wait!!!!!

So.....stay tuned!!!!!!!  :)

No comments: