Monday, January 30, 2017

Awesomeness All Around

Three awesome things occurred today.

1. Sven!!!!!  Phew.  A name for the BABY, while in utero, has finally been decided upon.  Coming to an agreement on this name was a bigger struggle than the actual names.  If you recall, Jeffery was given the name "Og" and Jakob "Stig" while they were in utero.....and those names were decided upon by the time I was 13 weeks pregnant.  And here I am, 17 weeks along and nothing had caught our fancy.  For some reason, nothing like Og or Stig jumped out at us this time.  But it has finally been decided....SVEN!!!!  And, if come late February when we have the ultrasound, we find out that the baby is a girl (which is what almost everyone is pulling for....hahahahahaha), it will be SVENJA (which is an actual derivative of Sven.).  So, there!  Done.  Phew!!!!!


Like I said, we are finding out the sex of the baby come the end of February and we will be sure to let you know the findings.  We already have the boy name and male Saint (for the middle name) decided upon.  That was an easy enough decision as we've known what another boy would be named since Jakob was a month old.  And the male Saint.....only one of the most inspiring and amazing ones I've learned about (and that is saying something as they are all inspiring and amazing!).  When it comes to girl names, we've narrowed it down to two....I think.  And we've narrowed it down to two female Saints....both absolutely unbelievable women in their own right....so choosing between the two Saints will be beyond difficult.

And no.....we're not sharing the names.  Like with past pregnancies, the actual name (once we find out the sex of the baby) will remain a secret until the baby is born.  :)  Trust us.  It's better this way.  :)

2 and 3. This song came on this morning and at 42 seconds in....until 1 minute and 11 seconds, a horn plays. Jeffery stopped what he was doing and said, "Mommy? That is a french horn, yes? And not a trumpet?"  (That is the second awesomeness!  My 5.5 year old identified, correctly, a french horn playing on a recording!!!!!!)  

And I got to respond with, "Yes, honey. That is a French Horn. And not just any French Horn....but that is your Great Uncle Ronny playing that French Horn. (That is the third awesomeness !!!)  That is Oma's older brother playing. You won't get to know him because he died when you were 1 year old. I didn't even get to know him as well as I would have liked. But that is your Great Uncle playing that French Horn." His jaw dropped.  He then proceeded to ask for that section to be played over and over and over again.  Anytime, Jeffery. Anytime.



Jeffery then said, "So, he died and is in heaven?  I bet that made Oma sad when he died.  But we can always hear him.   We just have to listen to this part.  So that must make her happy."

Oh, the heart and old soul wisdom this child sometimes exhibits.  How I love him!  :)

SaveSave

No comments: