Saturday, November 28, 2015

Wedding Bells

After two boys and 15 years together, Dave and I decided to make it official and finally get married.  :)  No, no, no.  :)  I'm just kidding.  We recently traveled out to AZ where we celebrated the wedding of my sister, Julie, and her fiancé (well....now husband), Zach.  We polish up pretty nicely, eh?!

We had family come in from Iowa, New York, Minnesota, Illinois, Virginia, Maryland, Nebraska, Missouri....it was a wonderful weekend!  As was the case for our wedding....many moons ago....Julie's wedding was very much a "do it yourself" affair.  Things from pew bows to escort cards, to programs, to cookies for the reception, to table centerpieces at the reception, to the music playlist for the reception....it was very much a hands on event!  My dad sang before he walked her down the aisle (as he did at my wedding)....and a group of 8 (Dave, my dad, my mom, myself, and 4 wonderful friends) all sang during the wedding.  Dave escorted my mom down the aisle and read a passage during the wedding....and Jeffery served as ring bearer.  I was Lady of Honor....and fell as I went up the altar steps...but we're not going to go into that.  ;)



The rehearsal dinner included all out of town family on both sides so it was grand party.  :)  Complete with an indoor slide for the kids.  Jeffery loved that part!

I don't have any pictures of the actual wedding but I assure you that it was beautiful.  Julie was a gorgeous bride and Zach looked very handsome and it was a beautiful ceremony.  The reception was held out in east Mesa at Las Sendas.  Dad borrowed a mustang convertible for Julie and Zach to ride in from the church to the reception and we had a wonderful hour of cocktails, rain, a stunning Arizona sunset, and catching up with tons of friends and family






The dinner portion then started and let me tell you....I don't think I've ever eaten such wonderful food at a wedding!  It was amazing!!  Dave and Jeffery and I sat at the head table....and Dad and Mom watched over Jakob at their table.


A popular trend these days at weddings I've been to has been the absence of an official d.j.  Instead, playlists of music have been compiled and then some friend or family member acts as d.j. throughout the night.  It makes it more personal....and you're not dealing with annoying d.j.'s.  :)  I took it upon myself to create the playlists for the entire evening.  And I, for one, think it was a smashing success!!!!  My mother didn't think anyone would dance.  :)  :)  :)  She was proven wrong.





It was an absolutely beautiful day and a memorable and fun night.  Julie and Zach were so blessed to be surrounded by friends and children.....(like Dave Bauer....who took a lot of these pictures, by the way....and Jeffery).....

....and family who were so happy for both of them.

Congratulations Julie and Zach!  We wish you every happiness in your married life!!!!  It was truly a privilege to be a part of your very special weekend!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is a really pretty wedding dress