I thought I would start this off with some "funnies" that Jeffery has been saying recently. The kid, at 2.5 years old, is a little comedian and does his utmost best to make people laugh. (We may be in trouble!) Here are some of his most recent gems:
1) I was feeding Jakob upstairs and I hear from the bottom of the stairs, Jeffery's sweet voice saying "Mommy....come here please". I told him I couldn't come down, that I was busy. He tried his plea one more time....and then said, in a voice that was obviously trying to assert some imaginable authority, "Jess-eee-kuh....COME DOWN NOW!". I about dropped Jakob from shock...and from laughing so hard. I was meeting a friend for dessert and drinks that night and as I left, he said "Bye Jess-eeee-kuh". And as I tried hard to suppress my laughter and shake my head in a disapproving manner, he covered his face, threw his head back and said "That funny. Jeffery laugh". I lost it. :)
2) Today, it was right before naptime and I was feeding Jakob. Jeffery said something about "no naptime" and I said that he was going down for a nap as soon as I was done with Jakob. He smiled an absolutely cherubic smile at me and cocked his head and said "No way, Jose". Again.....I died of shock and suppressed laughing.
| Snowball fight with daddy |
3) This isn't necessarily funny but insanely sweet and pulled at my heart-strings. We were in his new "big boy" room (more on that in another post) and he had a little box full of small books. The box has a handle and you can carry it around. He has decided it is a suitcase. He picked it up and went to the door of his room and said "Bye, mommy." When I asked where he was going, he held up a piece of paper in his other hand and responded by saying "Jeffery going to ahh-port. Have ticket. Go on ahh-plane and see Oma/Papa in Ahh-zona.". And then he walked out the door. I was too floored by this exchange to immediately respond and about a minute later, he poked his head back in the room and said, "Mommy come too". :)
4) Dave and I love both the book and the movie of "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy". Hilarious stuff! The Vogons....an alien race who torture their prisoners with their unintelligible poetry....make a habit of saying "resistance is useless". Dave has taken to telling Jeffery this....in a silly voice. I was getting Jeffery ready for bed the other night and he was squirming and being a pill and saying he wanted to play with his trains and see Jakob and get a drink and see daddy...basically do anything but get ready for bed. I got right in his face and firmly said "No". He looked into my eyes while I tried to hide any mirth in them, and I could see resignation take over and he nodded and said "Resistance is useless, mommy". Ha ha ha ha!!!!
| Fixin his BassPro ATV with Beau the Bear |
5) I realized a couple months ago that I am a control freak when it comes to food messes. This was rather an eye opening realization. My mother has been after me for over a year to have Jeffery start to use a spoon and fork by himself. I realized, when I saw another little toddler's hands, long sleeves, and face dripping in a sticky sauce with the sticky food debris scattered on the floor below him/her that I couldn't deal with the mess and that's why I was still feeding Jeffery. Well, he is becoming more independent every hour of every day and has started to insist that he do things. But Dave came up with a little game. If something gets on his hands, he immediately puts them up in the air, over his head and says "Hands up, mommy/daddy. Caca on hands!". I won't explain what "caca" means, you can look that one up on your own.....but I'm pretty sure that Dave is doing his best to ensure that Jeffery has to be home-schooled!!! HA HA HA!!!!!
| Alfalfa, who?!!!! |
Jakob turned 5 months old this month. Unbelievable. I can't believe it has already been 5 months. It seems impossible that our little Jakob Becket, my little bear, has been here for that long already.....and yet, this has been the longest 5 months of my life. No joke.
| The traditional birthday cupcake |
| My little bear |
| He actually likes tummy time....most of the time |
| Deep thoughts in the Tummy Tub |
![]() |
| Couldn't decide who was more in heaven! |
1) We're going to have a 3rd child...at some point
2) That 3rd child is going to be a boy (HA!)
3) We're going to abide by Medieval societal norms: Jeffery will inherit the estate. Jakob will have to find his fortune and way in some trade. And the 3rd boy...let's call him Olaf for now...will have to enter the Church. I laughed and laughed and laughed when Dave informed me of this! :)
| Trying to fit in with the rest of the gang |
| Relaxing with good friends |
Next to mommy and daddy, Jakob's favorite person is Jeffery. And Jeffery adores Jakob. It is so sweet to see them together. And Jakob is starting to try and interact with Jeffery. Jeffery wants so badly to help us in every way when it comes to Jakob: bath time, bottle feeding time, covering him with a blanket, getting burp cloths for us, handing him toys, telling me it is "time to feed Ya-kobe". :) And Jakob just watches him and smiles and laughs at him.
![]() |
| Helping with bath time |






No comments:
Post a Comment