My little Jeffery....he isn't so little anymore. I think I just shed a tear or two. It is amazing how fast he is growing up. Anytime he comes up to me or Dave and says "need hug", it doesn't matter what on earth we're doing....we stop and give him a big squeeze because we know he won't always want hugs from us. Fortunately, right now, he is asking for hugs A LOT! :)
We recently made a huge step towards "big-boydom" and moved Jeffery out of his crib and into a FULL SIZE bed. Not a twin.....not a toddler bed. A FULL SIZE bed. Ahhhh! He had been happily in his crib for 2.5 years. He loved the confines of it, the security it provided him and not once did he ever attempt to escape (I credit sleep sacks for that miracle!!!!!). But, it was time for Jakob to move into the crib so Jeffery had to move on out.
We talked about the "big boy bed" for a couple days. We started reading his bedtime story and saying his nightly prayers on it. And then...about 3 weeks ago, I started putting him down for his naps in the bed. That first afternoon, I held my breath, crossed my fingers and toes and checked on him about every 15 minutes or so. I don't know if you can see it but there is a gate attached to the bed (it is down in the picture) and we put that up so he doesn't fall out of the bed. After a couple successful days of him taking naps in the bed, we made the final step of having him sleep at night in the big boy bed. No problems. None. When he does wake up, he just lays there or sits up and calls for us to come get him. He doesn't make any attempt to get out of the bed. He has his tricky days but boy....he is such a good toddler!!!!!
Yes....that is a snowstorm raging outside. :)
The bed is the one that I bought from some family friends before Dave and I were married for us to use in our first apartment. It had been my friend's bed when she was a child....and then one, if not all, of her children used it as some point, and then we acquired it. It is now being used by yet another generation! The comforter is brand new and Jeffery is very proud of it and wants to show everyone who comes over his "comfy". The dresser was given to Dave by a priest friend at the rectory in Flagstaff before we were married. The train pictures were given to Dave and he had plans to hang them in his office at church but thought Jeffery would really enjoy them so I got them framed and hung in his room.
 |
| Little boy heaven |
I have plans to paint the room at some point. It just didn't happen prior to us getting him moved in....and it was too darn cold to open any windows to help with ventilation. Maybe in the spring. He is very happy with his new room. He loves to play in there and take the books of his shelves and look at them. He loves story time at night where Dave and I both sit on his bed and read a book to him. He loves prayer time where Dave lights a blessed candle (he found it laying around the house and not being used so he donated it to Jeffery) and we turn out the lights and say our prayers and he asks God to bless all the people in his life....including Thomas the Train. :) He
loves saying that he is in the "big boy bed" and Jakob is in the "baby crib". :) He has made this transition so smoothly. I am so proud of him.
 |
| Looking towards his NASCAR corner |
With Jeffery being in his new room, that allowed Jakob to move into the crib and out of the pack n play. While Jeffery has been sleeping in this room, the nursery, since we moved to the house, all the decorations were for Jakob. It made me so happy to finally have him sleep in his room. I did the best I could given the circumstances at our old rental house to provide a nice and cheerful nursery for Jeffery.....but I am absolutely thrilled with the nursery at our new house!
 |
| The nursery |
 |
| His shelf of lovies (books, stuffed animals, pictures, and blankets) |
We raised the mattress back up in the crib so it would be easier to get Jakob in and out. I had to go back to old pictures to see if it was ever as high as it is and yes....yes it was. It is just that it has been over 1.5 years since we lowered it to the lowest setting for Jeffery. I am just not used to it being so high. I set up his new mobile that he got for Christmas and put some new sheets on and voila! Jakob is fully moved into his new room!
 |
| Chillin in his crib |
 |
| Everything he could need |
I'm not sure how this happened....it wasn't really my intention but blue seems to be the dominant color in all of the decorations. When I did Jeffery's nursery at the old house, the color theme was blue and yellow. (Rather Swedish) This time, the color theme is blue and apple green. I think that
when we have a third child....the color theme will be blue and sherbet orange. :)
 |
| A cozy little room |
Jakob loves his new nursery. He loves watching his mobile go round and round and listening to the music. He loves rolling around in his crib. He loves sitting in the rocking chair with mommy and having me sing to him.
And today....today is Jakob's 6 month birthday. It is just unreal that he has already been here for 6 months. Both of our boys are growing far too fast but we are enjoying every moment with them!!
No comments:
Post a Comment