Saturday, July 13, 2013

Venting and a Stig Update

That's it.  I'm done!  I am soooo over this pregnancy and this humid humid humid summer.  If we could just speed up time and have it be September already...with cooler temps and the arrival of the Stig...and I wouldn't have to be pregnant anymore...well, that would just be fantastic in my book.  Now, don't get me wrong.  I do NOT want the Stig to come early.  No.  He needs to stay where he is and continue to "cook" (as Dave puts it) but truthfully...I'm ready to not be pregnant.  I know.  You are probably saying "Wait!  Isn't this the girl who, when pregnant with Jeffery, wanted to have the gestation period of an elephant?".  Yes.  That was true.  But being pregnant in the summer when it is 92 degrees with 65% humidity is ludicrous in my book and quite possibly one of the levels of Dante's Inferno.  Really.  

I realize I shouldn't complain.  Others have it much worse than I and I am lucky to even be pregnant.  Aside from constant fatigue, insomnia, major heartburn, and an issue that took a couple of trips to a physical therapist to fix....this pregnancy has again been smooth sailing (fingers crossed it remains that way).  But I can feel my patience with everyone and everything quickly disappearing as I become bigger and more uncomfortable.

So, before I go completely negative, I'll turn to happier subjects.  :)  The Stig is growing quite nicely.  The doctor says that I could stand to gain more weight but is not concerned.  We are still looking at an early September due date.  I am 99% convinced that I am going to try for a completely natural birth again.  I know.  I'm shocked too. We'll see how things go.  With that in mind, we are considering using the services of a doula.  My good friend is becoming a doula and has offered to help.  Dave was absolutely awesome during Jeffery's delivery.  I couldn't have asked for anything better.  But....having a doula present is something we're discussing and seriously considering.  
29 weeks along
We continue to keep the name a secret.  :)  Much to everyone's chagrin.  We are firmly settled on the first name but are still deciding upon the middle name.  We have two amazing contenders for the middle name that it is really making it difficult to decide.  We have given ourselves until the end of July to determine the middle name and who the godparents are going to be.  We both find ourselves almost slipping and saying Stig's name when we talk to people.

We have a slew of people already scheduled to come and visit when the Stig arrives.  I believe my parents are going to catch the first flight possible when I let them know I'm in labor....like they did when Jeffery was born.  And then they are planning on staying for a week...and my mom (God bless her) has already offered to possibly stay longer if I need her to.  Dave and I are both tempted by that offer.  :)  With a new house and a toddler who acts like a rogue planet and a new baby.....I'm going to need all the help I can get.  When they were here for Jeffery's birth, they anticipated so many needs, kept the house running with cooking and trips to the grocery store and caring for the pets, took the baby and made me rest,....and my house has never been so clean!  :)  As my mom always says "We're family....not guests and as such, we are here to help...not have you play host.".  They can help occupy Jeffery and give him attention while I attend to the new baby....and then, will take the Stig so I can have some mommy and Jeffery time.  All of that help is a God-send!  We were ready to have them move in last time.  We might not let them leave this time.  :)

After they leave, my sister is planning on coming for a couple days in October and then, that same week, our good friends, Jason and Barbara (Jeffery's god-parents) are planning a visit.  It is a good thing we are moving into a bigger house!  :)

Jeffery talks about the "baby" all the time and pats my tummy.  But then....he goes over to Dave and says "baby" while patting Dave's stomach....and then pats his own stomach.  Hmmmm.  I think we're going to have to work on this.

So, in just a matter of weeks, we will be in a new house....and will be a family of 4.  It is overwhelming to say the least.  And really really exciting!!!!  :)

On a final note....I make it a point to have this blog be about our VA family and the things we do, the places we go, and the people we visit or who visit us.  With that said however, please forgive me as I take a moment to acknowledge a momentous and beautiful occasion within my immediate family.  My parents....two of the best, most loving, and amazingly generous people Dave and I have ever known....celebrate their 40th wedding anniversary tomorrow....Bastille Day.  They just returned from a celebratory 3 week trek across Belgium, Germany, and Italy by themselves where they had an amazing and beautiful time.
Walking into their future
I am working on a project for them (hee hee hee) and have been overwhelmed and humbled at things that have been said about them.  In short:
1. Their marriage stands as a model for so many people.
2. It is evident in everything they do and how they interact with each other that they are still each other's best friends and biggest supporters and still deeply in love with one another.
3. They are known for their kindness and generosity to their family, their large circle of friends (many of whom are considered family), and by their community as a whole.

* From high school sweethearts to surviving an Army enlistment during Vietnam after their wedding
* From living in Iowa and then making the move to Arizona where they knew no one and had to rely upon each other to thriving in the dessert and making both a home and an adoptive family full of dear friends that fill their life with much laughter and happiness
* From raising two daughters and filling their lives with love and closeness and music and laughter to welcoming a son-in-law with open arms and rejoicing in the birth of their first grandchild and not wanting to go a week without seeing him at least via Skype and anxiously awaiting the birth of their second grandchild
* From working hard teaching at schools and churches and founding community choirs to enjoying retirement (well...semi for dad) with each other
* From scrimping and saving to take vacations to visit family in the midwest or to Colorado or up the west coast to frequently visiting family on the east coast and returning from their 5th or 6th trip (I'm losing count) to Europe in the past 12 years....

I am in awe at how these two people have lived the past 40 years of life together to the fullest.  I am in awe at how many lives they have touched and influenced....and continue to do so.  I am in awe at what unbelievable parents and grandparents they are....how family is truly everything to them.  I am in awe at what a beautiful couple they are...who love God, love their family, love their friends.  They don't look like they have been married 40 years in the picture below.  There is still that spark and youth to them...a result of so much love and laughter and beautiful memories...a result of truly being young at heart.  Happy 40th Anniversary Mom and Dad!!!  I pray to God that he will bless my marriage as he has so obviously blessed yours.  Much love to both of you!!!!!
40 years of marriage...and still each other's best friend!

No comments: