Friday, June 21, 2013

Delightful Gems

So.....my last post was about how lucky Jeffery, the Stig, and I are to have Dave as a husband or father.  Just so you know that things aren't all sugary and sweet here at the Pedersen ranch....I thought I would share some delightful gems (said with DRIPPING sarcasm) that Dave has taught our 2 year old viking.

Dave:   Jeffery.  I have a question for you.  Who deals with poo-poo?
Jeffery:  Momma.  Momma poo-poo!!!!

~              ~                 ~                ~             ~               ~            ~                ~

Dave: Jeffery.  Who's the boss?
Jeffery: Dadda!!!!!

~             ~                 ~                ~              ~               ~            ~               ~

And possibly my favorite (rolling my eyes).  Dave was going through the different things that animals say with Jeffery one day.  My jaw just about hit the floor when I heard the complete exchange.

Dave: What do doggies say?
Jeffery: Ruff, ruff
Dave: What do cows say?
Jeffery: Mooooooo
Dave: What do sheep say?
Jeffery: Baaaaaaa
Dave: What do bears say?
Jeffery: Rawwwrrrrr
Dave: What does mommy say?
Jeffery: Blah, blah, blah (complete with a sassy head shake back and forth)

Like I said, I couldn't believe what I was hearing and couldn't decide if I wanted to laugh until my sides hurt (I was very tempted) or shoot Dave a death look.  :)  I opted with the laughing....with a side of being incredulous.  :)

My mom...and EVERYONE I know who I've told this to...have all said that I need to counter with something.  I mean...it is only fair.  :)  So....here is what we're working on:

Me: Jeffery.  Who is full of hot air?
Jeffery: Dadda!!!!!!!!!!  (complete with hand motions for too much talking...which still look like he's waving but we're getting there!)

:)

I think this is perfect!  :)

**A Quick Disclaimer:  Just in case anyone thinks any of this (ANY of it) is said with malice towards the other or said in seriousness....IT ISN'T.  It is all meant for a laugh and to be funny....it is our warped sense of humor (thank God we found each other because most people wouldn't tolerate such exchanges).  Are we using Jeffery as our little minion?  Maybe.  :)  But Dave isn't full of hot air, he isn't the boss, he changes his fair share of poopy diapers...and most importantly...Jeffery listens to me and doesn't just think I say "blah blah blah".  :)  But I just thought all of this was too funny to not share.  :)

No comments: