Monday, October 8, 2012

We Have a Toddler....

We have a toddler.    Jeffery Thomas is fully mobile....and even more so than before...hates to sit still.  Why didn't we listen to all of those experienced friends of ours who told us to not encourage but delay this stage for as long as possible?!!  :)  Well...there is no going back.  This child is on the move.
Playing in the front yard
My little imp
So proud of himself for running to me
I am actively devising ways to have him spend all of his energy each day so that his AMAZING ability to sleep LONG periods of time doesn't just vanish.  With this in mind, we joined my friend Lauren and her two little ones, Seamus and Gemma, for a fun morning at a park close to her house.  There were tons of little ones about Jeffery's age running around and playing with the myriad of toys that had been donated for the kids' use.  It was a GREAT park.
Playing is hard work
Rockin' away
Pushing his little car toy
Should be an ad for "oshkosh"...I think.  :)
If you take a look at the pictures above, you will notice that Jeffery's hair was getting long.  I have trimmed it over a dozen times but I am not a professional and have no idea what I'm doing.  As a result, Dave said that his hair style was starting to have a certain "bowl" look to it and...God forbid...even a slight "mullet" effect.  AHHH!!!!!!  So...Jeffery and I went and visited a nearby hair salon designed for little kids.  I wish I could say he had fun...and that he was patient...but after the novelty of the car wore off (which it did very quickly)...he just wanted down as fast as possible and away from the nice woman's scissors.  
Hair cut time
Kind of looks like a superhero in his cape and car
Jeffery has also started to demonstrate some "toddler antics".    We have already had several full out tantrums to deal with and while he normally is a very good boy who does a good job of listening...there have been some bouts of open and intentional defiance.  He is stubborn....and he can be extremely willful.  My mother says he gets it from me.  Oh dear.  His moods can also change at the drop of a hat.  For instance.....
Modeling his new monkey hat
Not more than 1 minute later from the picture above
So, we have a toddler.  He follows me from room to room...plays peek a boo from around corners and doors...and loves to empty office trash bins or boxes sitting on the floor.  I have found that I save all work and personal upkeep for when he is napping.  But....I wouldn't have it any other way.  :)

No comments: