Jeffery is 8 months old. HE IS 8 MONTHS OLD!!! How did this happen? Where has the time gone? Where is my little infant? I see pictures of him when he was first born and I just cannot believe how much he has grown. He is turning into such a little boy!
| Celebrating with BoBo the monkey |
Jeffery and I battled the snow and biting wind to pick up the traditional cupcakes to celebrate his day! (Thanks Mom for starting this FANTASTIC tradition on his 1 week birthday!) We patronized a new (to us) cupcake place and I am hooked! They don't have the selections of the other place but their cake is so moist and the frosting is to die for!!!! Thank goodness we're celebrating his birthday (only for the first year) every month!!! :)
![]() |
| Plane Jane, Double Chocolate, and Peach Cupcakes |
We sang to him and helped him blow out his candle and he got a little bite of frosting....while mommy and daddy helped ourselves to the cupcakes. :) Yummmy!!!!! We're already looking forward to the big day when he turns 1 year old!! His Aunt Kate and Uncle Adam (our next door neighbors and good friends) have offered to let us have the party at their house as they have a nice deck and fenced yard and Uncle Adam may even brew a beer in Jeffery's honor...that his parents will enjoy for him. :) And then (crossing our fingers), we will have a belated celebration in Colorado with my family!
| Happy Birthday my big boy! |
Jeffery has decided that if you can't beat Tummy Time...join Tummy Time. While I am happy that he is no longer dissolving into fits of tears....he just lays there!
| Hey ya'll. How you doing?! |
He figures he has won the tummy time battle. I get on the floor and try to encourage him to come to me. I put his toys out of arms reach so he will get up and crawl to them. I put his little bottom in the air and scoot his knees under him and try to show him how to crawl. Nothing. He just lays there....like so...
| Hahaha Tummy Time! I beat you!!! |
And just when I start to really get exasperated....he pokes his head up and smiles and laughs at me as if to say "Just chill, mom!!! It's all cool." :)
| How I love this little boy!!! |
Can you see the two bottom teeth in this picture? :) We've entered the teething stage. The two bottom ones went smoothly. He seemed a little out of it and loopy but nothing major. I had high hopes for future teeth. And then four....yes, FOUR...teeth on the top all decided to break through at the very same time. Now, that is just down right cruel....to both baby and parents. He ran a fever, had tummy problems, had severe diaper rash, was loopy and and then moved on to being miserable. You know this boy is NOT feeling good when he actually nestles his head onto momma's shoulder and stays there. He even moved back into our room for a couple nights courtesy of the pack n' play so I could be close at hand. It broke my heart but thank God for ora-gel and acetaminophen....and lots of kisses from momma and daddy.
| I love Daddy but hate getting teeth! |
I keep saying that Jeffery is becoming a "real little boy"....like he is Pinocchio or something but it is true!!! He LOVES to rough house with his daddy, loves to sit with his daddy and watch soccer or NASCAR or Top Gear, .....loves everything about his daddy in fact.
![]() |
| Sitting with daddy in the big boy chair |
In fact...he seems to have entered a phase...much to my complete dismay. He adores his baby sitters....loves his Aunt Kate....loves any woman that pays attention to him. But if a man walks in the room, he dissolves into sobs. Not fussing, not angry crying....pathetic sobs. His little face squinches up and he just melts. It is so sad to watch....and then I feel absolutely horrid for the guy that the reaction is directed towards. They've all been wonderful men. Our friend Sarah's husband, Uncle Adam from next door, one of our priests, a teenage boy from church....I just don't get it. Dave keeps reassuring me that this is just a phase but I just shake my head and keep apologizing for Jeffery -- the babymonster.
![]() |
| Two peas in a pod |
Jeffery and I have settled into a good routine. After he wakes from sleeping 10-12 hours at night (hallelujah!!!), we will run errands, walk through the neighborhood, play on the floor, talk to the cats and dog, read books, sing songs, play games (all sorts), and he will spend time in his swing and at his desk in his baby office. :) He loves his baby office!!! And this is all before he goes down for his 3-4 hour afternoon nap. :)
| At work in his baby office |
He still loves his baths. Adores them actually!!! He has learned to splash and will stand himself in the tub....making sure that momma gets a bath herself and keeping her on her toes to ensure his safety! Whew! He particularly finds it funny when his rubber ducky gets full of water and then he turns it my way and squeezes....sending a stream of water into my face. Now...he doesn't do this on purpose...yet...but it does make him laugh! :)
| Rubber ducky, you're the one! |
There are times that I look at him and can see my little newborn from 8 months ago. And as much as I tear up (no kidding) as I am having to put away clothes that he has already outgrown...I am so proud of my growing little boy and so happy that he is so healthy and full of joy!
| Splish-Splash!!! |
P.S. He loves to be sung to....adores it in fact! So here is a little video....



No comments:
Post a Comment