There seems to be a little bit of debate in my house. We are 1 day from July and little Oggie could arrive any day. This is beyond wonderful....for Dave....who keeps cheering Oggie on to make his appearance sooner rather than later. But, I have decided (for the most part) that I am going to take after my favorite animal...the Elephant...and have a gestational period of 22 months.

I have informed my sister that she is going to have to wait to become an Aunt. I have informed the God-Parents to be that they're just going to have to wait to do their Marlon Brando impersonation (I wonder if that will have the same gravitas coming from someone in a 10 gallon Stetson). Our parents....well....my apologies to them but again...waiting seems to be the name of the game ..... if I have anything to say about it. :) Now...after a day of errands and chores around the house and city...I usually change my tune around 6pm and I am just done being pregnant. Or if I catch a glimpse of the empty crib or car seat...I get excited to see them filled with our little boy. But for the majority of the day....I am perfectly content to wait a bit longer. :)
And the doctor says that Oggie is in agreement. She says that he is, so far, in no hurry to leave the comfy confines of his current home. In fact, at our last appointment, she delivered this news with a hint of apology in her voice. Little did she know that this was music to my ears. And little did she know that for Dave...this was the last thing he wanted to hear. After her declaration...and the fact that we have an Induction Date on the books for July 15th, he is encouraging me to research any and all methods (be they old-wives tales or other) to get our little boy moving. Dave is beyond ready to meet his son....it is too cute!!! :) I can't tell you how many times I've heard "railroad tracks" mentioned in the past couple days!
Sadly, all I can think about right now (and I am going to blame the hotter temperatures and humidity) is the fact that for the 2nd year in a row...I am missing the yearly trip to Colorado. :(
Granted, there are extremely good reasons why I have missed the escape to the Valley: Parents' Surprise Retirement Party last year and having a newborn this year. But still... :( The fact that I haven't breathed in Rocky Mountain Air for 2 years is not making me happy....to the extent that John Denver's song is becoming an almost daily anthem. :)
But there have been some rumblings on this side of the Appalachians of celebrating Oggie's 1st birthday next year with the sound of the Crystal River in the background. :) It seems that waiting really is the name of the game...one way or another.
Our childbirth classes encouraged us to have a "focus picture" for me to concentrate on during contractions. I have two as my heart is instantly at peace when I see these pictures and think of our times there and I cannot wait to someday return:
Maine
and
my Crystal River Valley in Colorado
So...we wait. After years of wanting this and waiting for this to happen, Dave waits (impatiently) for Oggie to come. And I find myself not minding waiting for him a little bit longer. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment