"What's in a name? That which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet."

If you've been reading this blog, you will know that Oggie's real name is being kept a secret until he is born. We went into the 20 week ultrasound appointment with a Boy Name and a Girl Name already picked out...and we have stuck with that name.
Now, some people have been doing a lovely job of trying to pry the name out of our lips. Their methods have been creative and I have to applaud the efforts....though expert interrogators they are not! :) They have tried rapid fire questioning, simply asking, guilt tripping (my mom, sister, and aunt are all making things that require the name...or at least the initials and they are lobbying HARD for this information)...there has even been mention of the withholding of savings bonds for college funds unless we give up the name. :) Hahahahaha!!! But our doctor remains the only one to know the name...and she didn't even put it in our chart (in case family came to an appointment) so I doubt that she even remembers.
I will only give one hint and that is that the first OR the middle name is after a Saint. In fact, the Saint's picture is already hanging in the nursery. And yes, I remember to take this down every time someone comes over to visit and see the nursery. :) If you would like to start brainstorming which Saint we have chosen to honor....by all means, please do so. You can find a list by clicking HERE. Hahahahahaha. Good luck! :)
Oh....and one other hint: it is not "Og"....nor will it be "Aug" which would be short for "Augustine" or something similar!
In other related news, I am now 37 weeks and 3 days.

We have 20 days to go until his official due date....and 9 days until my parents return from their European escapades. They are having a fantastic time in Hungary, Slovenia, Austria and Switzerland but my dad keeps calling to make sure I am still doing well and that I have not gone into labor. It is so cute, I can barely stand it. :) My pre-labor checklist is fast becoming VERY short as I am crossing off things left and right. Recent things that have been accomplished are:
*Interviewing and selecting a pediatrician
*Packing my labor bag
*Experiencing lovely Braxton Hicks contractions multiple times a day
*Weekly doctor appointments
(my doctor says that we're still on course for a mid July delivery and that he is still very high. My mother recently informed me that I never dropped -- oh joy! But we are scheduled to be induced July 15th if Oggie has not made his appearance by then)
*Notifying of our non-immediate family and friends of Oggie's arrival, and his real name :), has been turned over to our friend to oversee
*Baptism e-vites are just waiting to be e-mailed
*3 playlists for the ipod have been created with music to listen to during labor
(this child is going to be surrounded by Rachmaninov, the Sonoran Desert Chorale, Debussy, Vaughan Williams, Durufle, music from the Renaissance, Singing Bowls, Anuna, a little Gregorian Chant, and some folk music and Miles Davis from a VERY early age!! :) )
*Birth Plan has been drawn up and approved by our Dr.
*Breathing techniques are being practiced
(we learned one in our class where the support person counts to four while the one in labor holds their breath. Dave found himself CONDUCTING a "four pattern". Hahahahaha. I told him I would either laugh hysterically...or shoot him...if he did this during actual labor!! Hahahahaha!!)
I was folding sheets last night and Dave commented that any day now, we will be going about our business and boom! it will be time to go to the hospital. We were watching coverage of the Tour de Suisse (cycling) 2 nights ago on TV and they advertised the start of the Tour de France (our favorite and a 3 week race) on July 2nd and Dave again commented that at some point during the Tour, we will go from being a family of 2 to a family of 3. Insane!!! Where have these 9 months gone?!!! :) But we feel ready....well....as ready as people going through this for the first time can feel.
Ready or not..... :)
1 comment:
I think you need to add "The Final Countdown" to your music list. Enjoy the final days!
Post a Comment