This past week has been a BANNER week for the Pedersen household. And while both events are pretty overwhelming and fantastic....I will save my favorite for last! :)
Since we moved to Richmond in 2007, we have been blessed by singing with a fantastic semi-professional choir called the James River Singers. The friends we have made in this choir have helped make Richmond feel like home and the opportunities afforded to us because of being in this choir have been life changing...especially for David. It has been wonderful to share this wonderful choral experience together and when the group is not rehearsing for an upcoming concert...I miss it very much.

Our esteemed director, Dr. Jeff Riehl, stepped down as our director after our fall concert and just this past month, the group (over the course of 3 weeks) auditioned 3 candidates for the post. Dave was one of those of those candidates having been nominated earlier and accepting the nomination. As a singer...and not his wife...his audition was amazing. As his wife...it was magical and I could not have been more proud. But all hopeful anticipation was tempered by the knowledge that the other two candidates were very talented themselves. The decision was left to the singers....and after a very close vote....we found out this week that...
Dave has been selected to be the new director of the James River Singers.
I am thrilled as a singer in the group and bursting with pride as his wife. He is humbled and overwhelmed....and very, very excited!!! Immediately, he started planning a Spring Concert focusing on American composers or composers who came to America. It is going to be an AMAZING set of music. This is a huge opportunity for him...and for the group...and I am very excited to be a member! Congratulations Dave!!!! :)
As if the beginning of the week had not been overwhelming enough...we had to throw in a little more happy drama towards the end of the week. We had our 20 week ultrasound yesterday and decided to find out the gender of our little "Og". Would it remain "Og" or would it be "Ogette"? :) Well...little Oggie was being quite stubborn...or modest...and for a long time, we had to content ourselves with the amazing experience of seeing the 4 chambers of the heart, the intricate spine, the adorable feet and hands, the head, the profile, and hearing the strong heartbeat.

Finally, with a little prodding from the ultrasound tech, we found out that little Og is a....BOY!!!! We're adding another tenor or bass to the mix!!! We could not be more thrilled! I have thought from a very early time that it was going to be a boy. I just had a gut feeling. My mom says that he is going to look very silly in the sundresses that she was planning on making. Hahahahahaha!!!! Well...no sundresses but Dave is already excited about the sharks and dinosaurs and swords and super hero capes and baseball bats and soccer balls, etc. People kept asking if we had a preference...and in all honesty...we didn't. We just wanted a healthy baby. But now we know he is going to be a boy!!!
What do you do with boys?!!!! :) I only have a sister...and even our dog growing up was a girl!! Our poor cats were doomed either way. If it was a girl....they would be tortured with bonnets and hairbows, etc. If it was a boy....they would be tortured with super soakers and being chased with swords. :)

So...now that we're on the other side of 20 weeks....I am starting to turn my attention to putting a nursery together, registering for items we need, picking out colors and themes, etc. The doctor was VERY pleased with how things are going and says that I could stand to gain more weight....as I still haven't gained the amount of weight that I should have by now. A name...and not "Og"...has been chosen but is remaining under lock and key until the birth of the baby. :) And though the due date is July 10th....we're kind of pulling for July 4th...as that was my grandpa's birthday...and is the birthday of several other people we know! Just as long as the baby comes AFTER July 1st...we'll be fine. My parents are planning to be here for the birth...but are traipsing about Europe until the end of June. Cutting it close!!! :)
And now....I'm off to a 1 hour Aromatherapy PreNatal Massage...which my dear husband arranged for me as a Valentine's Day present!!!! Yay!!!! It is a great way to end an amazing week!!!!
3 comments:
I am so glad you guys are doing well! I am excited for the baby boy. Now that I have one of each... I can honestly say the boy is much easier. Make sure you keep us posted!
That is so exciting for Dave! I am excited for you guys having a boy as well, but mentioned that a couple days ago. You have an exciting next few months!
How exciting, Jessica!
Thanks for sharing the ultrasound!
Post a Comment