Dave and I decided to host an Oktoberfest celebration at our house and invited our friends, the Oakesons, to join us! The celebration meal included: knackwurst, weisswurst, red cabbage, sauerkraut, german potato salad -- and LOTS of yummy oktoberfest beer!!! As we drank from our official Hofbrauhaus Oktoberfest mugs (measuring in at a liter of beer), we enjoyed oompa and polka music from a variety of Oktoberfest CD's. We went all out for our Oktoberfest celebration!
During the course of the evening, Kevin Oakeson found himself quite taken with our little Brunhilde (she's missing her braids and helmet but she has the bark...I mean voice to compete with the Wagner heroine!).
Kevin & McLean Oakeson -- the newlyweds!!! I am glad we were all in a festive mood as our friends announced that they were moving to Boston which came as quite the shock to Dave and me.
Herzlichen Glückwunsch! Toasting to the Oakesons' continued happiness and good fortune in Boston!! (right before McLean and I beat the boys in a rousing game of Sequence!)
Zum Wohl!!! Happy Oktoberfest!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment