Jakob is insisting that he get to write a post soon. He says that there has been a dearth of pictures and information about him and Jeffery lately. I quite agree....but since he is napping....I have to take a moment to reiterate something I've said for a long long long time!
SKYPE IS THE COOLEST THING EVER!!!!!!
The only thing better than Skype would be if I could say "beam me up"....or have some Floo Powder (a Harry Potter reference) and be able to instantly arrive in specific locations. But as these are not options.....Skype is the coolest thing ever!
Because of Skype, my boys get to see and talk to their Oma and Papa in Arizona for an hour or more every week. Because of Skype, my parents got to see my weekly progress when I was pregnant with the boys. Because of Skype (and the fact that they have laptops), they get to take me on tours of the house and show me holiday decorations, remodeling projects, or just the pool and citrus trees in the back yard. Because of Skype, I got to take part in my dad's retirement celebration at his church just a couple months ago.
And then today.....I got to Skype in to my sister trying on wedding dresses. Oh! That's right. I had alluded to a reason the Harris family was celebrating in an earlier post but it wasn't my news to blab. But now that she has started to contact extended family....and the fact that it is Facebook Official :)...I guess it is open season.
Yes. My little sister is getting married this upcoming October. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Her boyfriend/fiance proposed on Valentine's Day and now my family is in the throws of wedding planning. While everyone, including myself, understands that I just can't be there for all the wedding planning, it has made me a little sad to not be there to help.
I mean....I am the Lady of Honor. (There is no way on this green earth that I'm going to let the title "Matron of Honor" be associated with me. I am not a matron! That just sounds....dowdy....and like I'm a prison warden. A friend suggested Lady of Honor and I'm going to go with that.) ;)
Anyway, my mom called this afternoon as they were out looking for the dress and thanks to the wonders of technology on her phone, I was able to Skype in to see the two main contenders that my sister now has to narrow down to one. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can I just tell you how thrilled that made me?!!! One of the best things ever!!!!!! :)
So....Skype totally made my day today because it allowed me to be a part of a moment of wedding planning for my sister. And for that....and all the other reasons I mentioned already....I am eternally thankful! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment