Wednesday, February 4, 2015

2014 Wrap Up

I can't believe it has been two months since my last post.  Where has the time gone?!!!

Well, I will quickly wrap up last year with a few highlights.  The first being that Jakob had his first hair cut.  (He is already in dire need of another.) He did a very good job of tolerating the stylist and looked like such a handsome little boys afterwards.  Jeffery had already been in the chair and was more than content to play at the train table while it was Jakob's turn.  It's amazing how a simple hair cut turns them into little boys....and not babies.  (sigh)


Thanksgiving rolled around and it was a quiet one in our house.  It was the first year since our first year in Virginia that we didn't go to someone else's house to celebrate.  That first year (long before the boys came) was spent in D.C., in the midst of a Nor'Easter, and our dinner was one of the best Chinese meals I've ever had.  My mother called it blasphemy.  I called it a divine weekend!  :)

This year, we made an amazing lemon/garlic chicken (since I'm not a fan of turkey) and goat cheese and chive mashed potatoes, and a french vanilla bean cake (since I do not like pumpkin pie) and had a nice Thanksgiving at our house.  

The next day was a day that Jeffery had been looking forward to all fall.  It was the day we went to the Science Museum for their annual Model Railroad Exhibit.  And it did not disappoint!  He was in train heaven!  We met some friends there and had a grand time....and Jeffery is already asking if it Thanksgiving yet so we can go back.  It's going to be a long year.  :)




Continuing with traditions, we had our friends, the Worcesters, over for breakfast the following day: Dave's Biscuits and Gravy + mimosas = yummy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  And we all then went and picked out our Christmas Trees.  We've been doing this for 4 years and I look forward to it every year!

And of course, Dave put up his model train display Thanksgiving weekend....as is tradition.  :)  Again, Jeffery was in train heaven.  And Jakob was absolutely fascinated.  They have 2 more weeks (until Ash Wednesday) and then it comes down.  That's the deal....and I make Dave stick to it!  :)

Before we knew it, Christmas was upon us.  We had a delightful Christmas.  Wonderful time spent together......thoughtful presents.....yummy Mexican food and margaritas!.....it was a fabulous day!


We hope your Holiday Season was just as wonderful and filled with quiet and peace, beauty and fascination, and most importantly.....friends/family and laughter!

No comments: