The first month of little Jakob's life has already come and gone. We have a 1 month old on our hands. How can the time be flying by so fast?! With Jeffery, I was terrified that I was going to break him. That I was doing something wrong. Each cry seemed to last hours instead of mere minutes. He was such a bad feeder that I was so tired and each day seemed to hold 36 hours instead of just the normal 24. That first month of his life felt like an eternity. But it has been so different with Jakob. The time has just flown and I find myself wondering how I can slow things down. It doesn't help that half of my attention is distracted by the viking toddler. But I can't believe that it is October already. I can't believe I'm not pregnant anymore. I can't believe that Jakob has already been with us for a month. I can't believe our little Stig isn't a newborn anymore.
 |
| One of the most awesome shirts ever! I died when this came in the mail. |
The month has been extremely busy....which may help account for why it feels to have gone by so quickly. We've had numerous visitors, Dave's back in full swing at UofR and JRS and church, and Jeffery keeps changing every day. FORTUNATELY....we have found some time to enjoy the new house and the changing colors of the trees on our property...and our new deck. We have taken to having breakfasts and lunches out on the deck and it has become another room of our house. Jeffery especially loves the fact that it affords him a chance to listen for trains and play in his sandbox. Jakob can be a little fussy but as soon as he gets outside and hears the birds....he quiets down almost immediately.
 |
| Listening for trains during breakfast |
 |
| Sandbox fun time |
 |
| The boys at leisure |
Speaking of Jakob....he is a wonderful and sweet little baby. We just adore him and are so happy he is finally here! He is a very good feeder and is starting to give me 3-4 hours in between feedings at night. And he is so quiet during the rest of the day that you can forget that he's in the house. Really. He is starting to stare at faces and especially loves to find Jeffery and watch him. He is also starting to "coo" and "ahh" and it is music to my ears! :) He had his 1 month appt where we learned that he is almost 10 lbs and in the 50 percentile for weight (Jeffery was always in the 15th or 20th) and in the 25th percentile for his head circumference. SO....unlike his older brother, it does not look like he inherited the large "Sell Head" ("Sell" being my mom's family....we all have big heads....go ahead and laugh. It is kind of funny). :)
 |
| Keeping mommy company in the kitchen |
 |
| Captivated by the light outside....God bless bouncy seats and swings! |
We were very happy to have Dave's parents come to visit us last week for a couple days. They enjoyed meeting little Jakob and were highly entertained by the antics of Jeffery....who was very happy to have new people to talk trains with and make them walk all over the house and the yard. Sadly, during their short visit, we experienced a bit of Indian Summer here so instead of getting a lovely taste of VA in the fall....they got the colors of fall
and 90 degree weather. YUCK! As they were leaving on Jakob's 1 month birthday, we decided to have the "traditional" cupcake birthday celebration the day before so they could join us. It was so wonderful to be celebrating another little boy's month milestones....and Jeffery helped his little brother blow out the candle! ;)
 |
| The cupcake tradition continues! |
 |
| One month old and all tuckered out |
Jakob has perfectly integrated himself into our family. :) Dave and I find it difficult to remember a time without him....a time where we weren't a family of 4. And Jeffery is just the best big brother I could have imagined or hoped for. When Jakob is crying, he runs over to him and cries "Don't cry baby Jay-Jay!!". He is constantly trying to give Jakob is pacifier. He is extremely generous with his hugs and kisses towards Jakob. He says goodnight to him every night and cries for him when I have to take Jakob out of the house without Jeffery. I can't believe that I...Jessica...am the mother to TWO boys. But I tell you -- I wouldn't have it any differently. They are both such little miracles and our lives have been forever blessed by their laughter and their cries and their cooing. I know the song says "Thank Heaven for Little Girls". But I'm thanking heaven for my boys. All of them! :)
 |
| Watching baseball with daddy |
 |
| Already sharing secrets and cooking up mischief! :) |
No comments:
Post a Comment