Well, hello there Spring!!! I think, I hope....that we have finally turned the corner and are now firmly planted in Spring with no more surprises from a late winter! It has been such an unusual February and March that unlike last Easter one year ago today, the trees have not leafed out, tulips are not up...everything flora-ish is still very much in the grips of Winter. But...Wednesday is supposed to be 86 degrees (a bit warm but I'll take it!) and even though it has been in the 50's at night, we've been keeping our windows wide open and reveling in that fresh air and breeze wafting through the house. Maybe...just maybe...the late arrival of spring will mean that when my mom comes in 2 weeks, she'll get her fill of tulip beds and flowering dogwood trees. Spring here is absolutely ethereal!
On the day after our last snow (which I posted the pictures for in my last post), it was cold and rainy and dreary. I went to get the mail and before I even got the guilty envelope, I could smell warmth and spring...and home (AZ). For the second year in a row, my good friend from high school, Dustin, sent me an envelope with Orange Blossoms in it! You could smell it throughout the whole house. Orange Blossoms are my 2nd favorite smell in the entire world and knowing that I missing the smell in March makes me terribly terribly homesick for the East Valley of Phoenix. Dustin has been my Orange Blossom Fairy Godfather and I can't thank him enough. Especially...through no planning on his behalf, this remembrance of home arrives on such a bleak and cold day! Instant pick-me-up!

Even Easter was cold and dreary. It poured rain the entire morning, thereby canceling any and all Easter Egg Hunts and was dreadfully cold. The weather did not really make me want to brim with Easter Joy. But...we still did our best to look the part. :)
 |
| Happy Easter |
 |
| My happy Southern boy! |
We couldn't even go outside for pictures in our Easter finery. We had to delay that until yesterday....which was a gorgeous day!
 |
| Jeffery practicing to be accepted into Hogwarts when he turns 11 |
 |
| What infectious glee! |
 |
| With daddy |
 |
| With mommy |
 |
| He looks like he should be on the cover of some Southern magazine...maybe holding a mint julep in his hand. Very dashing! :) |
 |
| Climbing trees in his Easter garb! |
Here is to the arrival of Spring....finally! 1.5 weeks until we find out the gender of Stig. 1.5 weeks until my sister comes. 2 weeks until my parents come. We have A LOT to be excited for and look forward to. I'm crossing my fingers that doesn't include anymore freak snow storms! :)
1 comment:
He's such a cute boy. I do love seeing everyone at church in their Easter best. I can't wait to see if he gets a sister or brother.
Post a Comment