Monday, September 10, 2012

Oh, The Places You'll Go...

It is a good thing that Jeffery and I are going to AZ for a whole week next month.  Why?!  Well...besides the fact that he will have gone 3 whole months without seeing his AZ family (*gasp*)....I need some new patches!!!  :)

[on a side note...we have been soooo blessed this year.  My trip to AZ next month will be the 4th time I will have seen my family since July and the 7th time Jeffery will have seen them since he was born!  For being 2,500 miles away....we have been so fortunate to see each other so frequently this year (besides the weekly Skype calls).  I am so grateful because it has made being so far away a little more bearable and Jeffery is just changing almost every day and we won't ever get this time back!]

Anyway, in college, I started collecting patches of places I had been to and sewing them onto my backpack.  I've kept this practice up to some degree but no longer use the backpack.  So, I took off all my old patches and, over the past 2 years, I have been transferring them...and any new ones I've acquired...to a duffle bag I am now using for Jeffery's travel bag.  There are only two exceptions....patches of two places I haven't been:  the NASA facility in FL (my sister got that one for me when she visited there) and the Arsenal patch (though someday...someday...I will hopefully attend a soccer game at the Emirates Stadium!).  Every other patch is a place I have visited.  It is a neat way to remember the place and I've had a lot of fun collecting them.

But it is a good thing Jeffery and I will soon be traveling again because....after two years of working on this off and on...I sewed on my final patch two nights ago.  I'm at a loss and don't know what to do!  :)  So....I guess more traveling is in order!! :)



On a final note, I have been to the following places but am missing patches from these places.  If you live in this area and can procure one for me...I would be so grateful.  It doesn't have to be a patch of the "city" but even of a place within the city.  Thanks so much!

New York City (NYC, Empire State Building, Times Square, Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island)
Germany
Czech Republic
Boise, ID (or even Idaho in general)
Iowa
Washington D.C. (any Smithsonians, the Capitol, the White House, etc.)
New Mexico
The Alamo in San Antonio, TX
The French Quarter in New Orleans, LA
Stone Mountain, Stone Mountain, GA
San Simeon (Hearst Castle) in CA
Victoria, British Columbia
Las Vegas, NV
Reno, NV

Any help would be appreciated!!!!  :)

No comments: