Dave is in heaven right now! The Lewis Ginter Botanical Gardens is having an Orchid Exhibit and with this being Dave's favorite flower...we've already been twice (it just opened a week ago)...including a 2 hour Orchid Lecture. Hmmmm. I'm not quite sure how I feel about this but he is beyond happy! :) He has taken some gorgeous pictures of some of the orchids which I thought would be a shame to not share with you.
"O" is for "Og". Or..."Original Gangster"...as our friend Clare Bratt Polak is calling little Oggie. :)
Again....not an orchid but this one is my picture and I was quite pleased with it. Some of the spring bulbs are already starting to bloom in the Conservatory.

They all have different names...which Dave would be thrilled to share with you...but I do not remember them.

This is my favorite! I seem to remember a painting at the Phoenix Art Museum that somewhat resembles this picture.

No...those aren't spiders but this orchid is supposed to look like they are spiders. Rather creepy if you ask me but Dave is determined that this is the next orchid that he's going to buy.

And finally....a blooming Magnolia tree in the Garden. It was a gorgeous day when we went there and now with Spring finally being here...we're excited about seeing the weekly changes that occur.
And I'm serious....if anyone would like the specific names to the different orchids...Dave would jump at the chance to tell you all about them! Just ask! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment