Dave, on the other hand, seems to be continually blessed in this manner.
Case in point - he is currently sitting at the D.C. airport, waiting to depart for a 10 day journey through Eastern Europe. He is going with the choirs and orchestra from the University of Richmond.
They will start the journey in Prague. We both visited Prague in 2006 and loved the city, the food, the beer, .... everything! It is where Eastern Europe meets Western Europe and it is an amazing city!! The highlight of his time there will undoubtedly be when the choirs participate in Mass at St. Vitus Cathedral. This is an unbelievable church -- the kind where you feel like you're an ant because everything is just so large ... and beautiful!

From Prague, they travel to Bratislava which is the capital of Slovakia. Bratislava sits on the beautiful Danube River.


After Bratislava, they journey on to Banska Stiavnica in Slovakia. This is a mining community in central Slovakia that is a completely preserved medieval town.
The last stop on the trip is Budapest, Hungary -- the Paris of Eastern Europe. It is widely considered to be one of the most beautiful cities in Europe.
Dave's own pictures and the stories of his trip will follow in the weeks ahead. Meanwhile, I sit here in my house with a glass of wine in my hand knowing that I have to go to bed soon because -- well -- somebody has to actually WORK! :-) We can't all get paid to make beautiful music in stunning locations and then celebrate by drinking amazing beer and eating mouth watering food.
The last stop on the trip is Budapest, Hungary -- the Paris of Eastern Europe. It is widely considered to be one of the most beautiful cities in Europe.
Dave's own pictures and the stories of his trip will follow in the weeks ahead. Meanwhile, I sit here in my house with a glass of wine in my hand knowing that I have to go to bed soon because -- well -- somebody has to actually WORK! :-) We can't all get paid to make beautiful music in stunning locations and then celebrate by drinking amazing beer and eating mouth watering food. Bitter? No!!! Okay -- maybe just a little. I wasn't able to join him on his trip to Italy two years ago and now Eastern Europe will be his memory but not mine. :-( But wait! I have the perfect remedy (besides the wine). It is Lent! I have decided that the thing I will give up this Lent is ....... going to Europe! There!! Wow! I feel much better ...... or at least I will ........ after another glass of wine! :-)
Nazdravi everyone!!
5 comments:
Too bad, my dear. I wish you were here in AZ so we could commiserate together over a little Gone With the Wind and Ben and Jerry's.
hey jessica, i notice your blog posting on fb today and took a gander. that is too bad you aren't enjoying eastern europe with your hubby, but you sound like you're being a pretty good trooper about it. i love prague and i had the best beer of my life there at ufleku (www.ufleku.cz) did you go there? i can't believe he gets to sing in st. vitus either! amazing!! okay, sorry to add salt to the open wound. keep enoying your red wine :)
What a good attitude to have that you are giving up going to Europe! Be thankful you have a job, even though it isn't doing what Dave is enjoying. I would be jealous & a little bitter too. How could you not be?!?
I didn't know you had a blog! I love blogging! Sorry about your husband leaving. I was just feeling sorry for myself that I didn't go to San Antonio (of all places) with my husband this week! I feel more sorry for you now! :) My blog is brenay.blogspot.com if you're interested. Try and enjoy your week!
Crystal
Post a Comment