I started this update almost 2 months ago.....and then life got in the way of me finishing it. Oh well. We've had a busy fall and time is definitely moving too quickly. But here are some of things we've been up to in the grand Commonwealth of Virginia. :)
Jeffery started soccer again with FC Richmond. It was the 3rd season that he's been with basically the same group of boys and soccer has fast become the thing he lives for. He has some skill and talent and learned a lot this past season about good sportsmanship.
However, John wasn't very impressed.
Our property is blessed/cursed with countless trees. But we had to take one down this fall, which caused great excitement amongst the boys of the house.
Jakob has been doing great! He will start soccer U4 clinics in the spring. He is now in Pre-K with ABCMouse. He knows his numbers, shapes, and colors FAR better than Jeffery did at this point....but Jeffery was much better with his letters. Regardless, Jakob has come a LONG way with knowing his letters. As he tells me, "Practice makes perfect, mommy". :) He is the comedian of the family. I don't understand half of the stuff he says while trying to be funny but he makes us howl. He is definitely his own boy. He LOVES to build (you should see his elevated train trestles), LOVES to crash things, and LOVES for there to be wrecks. We joke that he is going to be an engineer that specializes in demolishing things. :)
Jeffery "officially" started 1st grade this October at the Bishop Laval Academy at Oakcrest Manor (our house). He'd been doing 1st grade work with ABCMouse since last March but we have started using Catholic Heritage Curricula as his primary school work. He LOVES it and is doing really well. He says his favorite subject right now is.....handwriting. :)
The lovely thing is that his school work involves the whole family. I oversee most of his subjects but Dave jumps in with art, music, and other topics. (Dave will be the one taking over when Latin is introduced....and, I think, is going to start some rudimentary French with Jeffery.) Jakob gets to participate in Jeffery's science experiments and John just likes to hang out with everyone in his bouncy seat.
We are typically done for the day (with Jeffery and Jakob's school work) by 12:30 and then they get the rest of the day to themselves. I send them outside to play until lunch and then they have nap time/quiet time and then get to play in the evening. So far, our new system is working out beautifully.
John is a constant reminder of how fast time is flying. He is my snuggler and likes to be right on me....where he usually passes out.
He is still warming up to daddy. The boy is quite the mama's boy. :) I'm not complaining....except when I need someone else to hold him and Dave takes him, only for John to melt down. But Dave reminds me that come the time he turns 2 years old or so, John will start chanting for "daddy" just like the older boys.
He has grown out of all of his baby clothes. He's no longer a newborn. My heart broke a lot as I put the newborn and 0-3 month clothes away. And the cheeks on this child are legendary!!!!!! His smile lights up the room and any dark hearts!
He is such a blessing and we already can't imagine our family without him. But I can't believe how fast time is slipping through our fingers. I'm so glad that he is healthy and happy......but he is growing too fast for my heart. :)







No comments:
Post a Comment