A quick PSA for this Monday: we are NOT naming the baby "Sven". Hahahahahaha. I was talking to a neighbor this morning who truly thought we were going to name the baby "Sven" so I thought I would remind one and all that we give nicknames to our babies while they are in-utero. If you recall, Jeffery was "Og" and Jakob was "Stig". Sven's real name will be known in the very not too distant future but I assure you, it is NOT "Sven". Hahahahahaha. This has been a public service announcement.
On a related note, as you can see from the picture below, we are all set for Sven's arrival. Paddy Apatosaurus (Jakob's gift to the baby), Wally Bear, Sleep Sheep (the original from 6 years ago), Benny Bunny, Babo Monkey (Jeffery's gift to the baby)....and a swaddler....are all set up in the pack n play next to my side of the bed awaiting Sven's arrival. I'm 38 weeks and beyond ready to be done. My parents come back from their European sojourn in the next couple days so as soon as they're back in the U.S., I can mentally allow myself permission to go into labor. (You think I jest but seriously.....women have been known to be able to delay the onset of labor or even stop it once it starts because of extenuating circumstances. We are pretty powerful creatures when we set our mind to something!!!)
The inhabitants of this house have entered the predictable but still surreal limbo that accompanies this point of the pregnancy as we wonder what day will be THE day. We attended a kids' birthday party/housewarming party for friends on Saturday, had dinner with other friends and their twins last night, and are having our pastor over for dinner on Wednesday....but all plans are made with the caveat: "That is, if I'm not in labor." and everyone nods as they completely understand. We promised our pastor some of Dave's margaritas (a favorite of his) in exchange for my "expectant mother's blessing". Totally kidding about the exchange (though he does get some margaritas) but when I received the blessing last time with Jakob, the next morning.....well, the whole process got kicked off. Soooooooo........we'll see. :)
So maybe next time I post, Sven will be here....with his full real name!!! But again, I repeat......his name will not be "Sven". :)

No comments:
Post a Comment