Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Ahem, mommy!

Jakob here....again.  I'm about to turn 9 months old and mommy is crafting what she calls a "sweet" post but she told me that there was no room for my 8 month pictures.  Sacrilege!  Did Jeffery ever get this kind of treatment?!  I ask you!!!!  Humph!  She says I can't write a long post because I didn't get my morning nap (we had to take Jeffery to get a much needed haircut) and that I'm in some sort of "red zone" and need to go down soon.  

So, I'll make this short.  Here are daddy and me with the traditional month birthday cupcake.  Mommy still won't let me even have a taste of the frosting.  :(  Bah humbug.  My only [known] advocate who tries to guilt mommy into giving me some of my own cupcake is Oma but she can't really push the issue, given that she's in Arizona.  :(  Jeffery says they're very good.  I'm so glad that he can reap the benefits of me having a month birthday.  (said in a biting, sarcastic tone)

And here is my 8 month picture.  Both mommy and daddy said that I really "came alive" this past month.  Well, that was before I got sick.  I was even showing some signs that I was on the verge of crawling.  But since I was sick, I've decided that I don't need to rush things.  The things I love are: my stuffed animals (Cubbie Monkey, Stig Stegosaurus, Bruno the Dog, JEB Bear, Bleu the Elephant, and Mr. Froggy), my monkey keys, my pacifiers, watching Baby Einstein, being in my baby office, and playing Peek-A-Boo with Jeffery.  I smile and almost always quiet down when mommy sings to me and I laugh and laugh when daddy hides from me or when he holds me high up in the air.  I LOVE Skyping with Oma and Papa and have started to really respond to their voices and to seeing their faces. I like tummy time and will roll all over.  I still love my swing and I adore my crib.  I am sleeping through the night (mommy knocks on all things wood right now).  I become VERY passionate when I want food but for the most part, I am what some hipster people call "chill".  I have no idea what that means but mommy says that I am an observer....maybe even a philosopher.

Mommy is now giving me the raised eyebrow look that she does when me or Jeffery or daddy are not cooperating with her plans.  I guess I should probably end this post.  Hopefully, it won't be another eon before you see pictures of me.  :)  (Ahem, mommy!)

No comments: