Jakob is, as of today, 15 weeks old. Good grief! Where has the time gone?!!! I seriously can't believe that he is already 3.5 months old. It is hard to remember life without him.
| Tummy Tub Time |
And Jakob? Jakob is now starting to light up whenever Jeffery comes near. He is talking to Jeffery and cooing at him and smiling and laughing at him.
Jakob is a champion sleeper....during the day! He is certainly giving me a run for my money at night though. I call him my "2, 4, 6, 8...who do we appreciate? Mommy!!!!!" baby. He has me up to feed him at 2 and 4 and 6 and 8 in the morning which means I'm getting like 1.5 hours of sleep (if that) in between. I'm pretty tired and trying to remind myself that there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Jeffery sleeps 12 hours these days! I had become quite spoiled. I feel like a zombie many days and have difficulty finishing sentences but a smile from little Jakob soon dispels all of that and refreshes the soul. :)
Our little bear turned 3 months old and we had our traditional cupcake celebration. :) His actual 3 month birthday was spent at the doctor where he was diagnosed with Croup and given a steroid shot (which seemed to cure him of all symptoms that very afternoon!) so we delayed our celebration a couple days until we were all feeling better.
I asked for him to be weighed at the doctor's office and he is almost 13 lbs. (Glad to see all those night feedings are paying off!!!) He loves to smile and the moment Dave walks into the room, he lights up. He is starting to really respond to Sophie the giraffe and his elephant rattle toy. He is "talking" and cooing up a storm. He thankfully still loves the swing....and he is becoming more accustomed to the white noise at nap time and at bedtime. He has started to sleep in his pack n' play rather than the bouncy seat and I'm hoping to move him into the crib (and Jeffery into his own room and a big boy bed) come February or March. He is NOT a huge fan of being in the car or car seat. And he is our "Bear" because he hibernates most of the time.....until he becomes hungry and then he ROARS his displeasure. :)
He has moved out of his swaddlers at night (the 4th trimester is done) and into the Bear Suit....which makes my heart happy!!! :) Here are the 2 boys side by side at about the same age. Jeffery is on the left and Jakob is on the right. After thinking them to be identical for a long time....I now see definite differences in the two!
And here was my view the other night......
Our little Jakob Bear is such a smiley and sweet little boy. I can't wait to introduce him to people out in AZ. I can't wait to celebrate his first Christmas. I'm sure his big monkey brother will more than happy to help him open his presents. :) We are so blessed to have Jakob in our family. He is just now starting to become a little charmer and show off his blooming personality. The fun is just beginning!!!!





No comments:
Post a Comment