Thursday, November 21, 2013

Breathe Calmly....You're Doing Okay.

I try to keep this blog as a place to share pictures and stories of our family with our family and friends across the country.  I feel it helps the distance between us not feel so great.

So forgive me as I share these two videos with you.  And I really do hope that you watch both of them. Combined...it will take 6 minutes out of your day.  I think they are both worth every second.  

The first was sent to me by a friend out in AZ over a year ago.  The timing could not have been more perfect.  I remember that it had been a VERY difficult day with Jeffery.  He was teething and was not feeling good and I just felt helpless and was all too aware of what a novice I am at this whole parent thing.  Not knowing all of this, my friend posted this on my facebook page.  I watched and just cried.  Yes...it is a commercial...for a multi-billion dollar company.  But it's short message was exactly what I needed to hear that day.  


I am not ashamed to admit that it still makes me cry (as in right now as I was watching it again).  

The second is something I stumbled upon yesterday.  Jeffery was watching a Thomas the Train episode on youtube and this "commercial" played before the episode even loaded.  I went to skip it (it gave me the option) but found myself sitting down and being immediately drawn in....and again, in tears at the end.  I have since watched this video multiple times.  I don't care if you're a parent or not.  It is a beautiful affirmation of Hope...and of Life.  "Breathe calmly...bring your child into this world.  There has never been a better time to create a brighter future for everyone on the planet....or those yet to come."



And there I go crying again..... :)

No comments: