A little behind with blogging but gmail blogger was doing something strange towards the end of the year...so....oh well!
So, go back with me....if you will...to Thanksgiving weekend. :)
Thanksgiving came and instead of nestling in front of a cozy fire, with the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade on in the background and my small family surrounding me....I left my family and headed to work. The choir at St. Benedicts was singing for the Thanksgiving Mass and I had to be there. :( So Jeffery and Dave stayed home....and played with duplos and had a grand time.
 |
| Sweetest smile I know of |
We had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Our friend, Alison Linas, who is a 3rd year law student at the University of Richmond, invited us to her family's house for Thanksgiving. We had a delightful time and little Jeffery became best friends with Alison's little dog, Buddy. :)
After Thanksgiving, we visited the Richmond Science Museum for the annual Model Railroad Display. Jeffery was absolutely enthralled and couldn't get enough.
 |
| The apple doesn't fall far from the tree for these two |
 |
| Little boy heaven! |
We even wandered through the other parts of the museum and had a wonderful time. Jeffery had fun now....but in just a short time...that is going to be his favorite place to go!!
 |
| Can't decide who was having more fun! :) |
 |
| On the run |
 |
| Hahaha!!! He found a fan! A BIG fan....and couldn't be turned away! :) |
Thanksgiving weekend was also the weekend for the Territorial Cup....the big rivalry game between Arizona State University and the University of Arizona. AND....as luck would have it....it was being broadcast on the east coast!!! Miracles of miracles!!!!!!!! Never mind that it didn't start until 10pm. (yawn) So, Sparky and I settled in to root on the Sun Devils....while my parents and a group of friends sat in the stadium in Tucson and rooted them on in person. (Lucky people!!!!) Good news though: ASU won!!!!!.....though, I wasn't awake to see it. :)
 |
| "Fight team on down the field...." |
We also made a day trip down to Colonial Williamsburg over Thanksgiving weekend! It was great to see our favorite places and old haunts. Beyond freezing but still fun! And Jeffery walked the entire length of DOG Street which is pretty impressive.
 |
| Kickin' back on the Governor's Palace Lawn in CW |
And then....then there was that WEIRD break between Thanksgiving and the start of Advent and the start of December. Did anyone else feel like the week between was just odd and kind of took the wind out of the sails (so to speak) of preparing for Christmas? I certainly did. As we did last year, we went with our good friends and neighbors to pick out a Christmas Tree after having a wonderful breakfast together. We both got splendid trees and had a lot of fun.
 |
| This way, Mom. |
 |
| The Pedersens and their Tree. |
AND....I am happy to report (seeing how I'm writing this on January 15th), that:
1. We did not keep our tree up till Candlemas like we have in years past
2. It came down while my parents were visiting...on January 2nd...and they graciously helped us take it down (though there was some heavy hand-ing on my part. :) )
3.
NO SPIDER MITES!!!!!!! Seriously. Dave grew up with fake trees and after last year's fiasco with the
Spider Mite infestation , I was convinced...and
TERRIFIED...that he was going to insist on going the fake tree route. I have strong opinions on the whole real v fake debate. Anyway, we got a real tree....and I held my breath and checked carefully every day...and we took it down early (though it was starting to bud). There was no Nightmare After Christmas this year! Phew!!!!!
The rest of December flew by in a blur. Concerts and recitals and parties and everyone fighting colds. But we just continued to count down the days to Christmas and my parents' arrival!!!!
 |
| We thought this was hilarious....Jeffery was NOT amused! |
 |
| Hmmmm.....those trains are right on my level. |
 |
| Captivated by the roaring fire. |
And so, having caught up...up to Christmas at least...I will leave you with this gem! :) It has amused us and my family for many weeks now. I hope it will bring a smile to your face too! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment