Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Easter!!!

Happy Easter everyone!!!

The Easter Bunny came to our house for the first time this year!  I am loving all these "firsts" and know how blessed we are to be experiencing such a wonderful first year with our son.  So....the Easter Bunny was very generous!

He has outgrown so many of his clothes that we are scrambling to find things that fit.  The Easter Bunny must have known this because he brought several new 12 month outfits for Jeffery!  He also brought a toy, a stuffed dinosaur, a new hat, and a sippy cup.

Easter Sunday here in Richmond was an absolutely beautiful day!  So...after I got home from singing at two Masses at St. Benedict's...Jeffery and I waited outside for Daddy to get home from St. Josephs.  

He is learning to reach for people and is starting to wave to us.  Sometimes, these two actions combine into a reach-wave.  :)

There are no words that can properly capture how much I love this little boy.  

Daddy came home and the fun times outside got even better!  :)

This is seriously one of Jeffery's favorite things.  Personally, it makes my heart drop into my stomach and my breath catch when Dave throws him up in the air.  I almost can't watch.  But Jeffery squeals with laughter and can't get enough.  

No...he isn't walking yet.  But...I'm almost to the point that I think he'll be walking before he starts crawling.    This is one stubborn child.  :)

Here he is modeling his new hat from the Easter Bunny.  How adorable is he?!!  I feel that we are missing out on some money by not having him being a baby model.  Hahahaha.  Seriously though.  I haven't seen a baby for Gerber or Pottery Barn Kids or any where else that come close to being as cute!  :)  

He is starting to teethe again.  :(  We've noticed a rash has returned, the drool factor has amped WAY up, and he is chewing on everything he can get his hands on.  Hopefully, he'll be over this new batch of teeth by the time my parents come.  (Fingers crossed)

And my parents come in 2 weeks!!!  Well...my mom comes in 2 weeks with dad following a couple days later!!!  I cannot begin to tell you how excited Dave and I are for them to see Jeffery.  He is at an amazing stage in life where he is so active and funny and loves to interact with people.  While they see him every week on the computer screen....they haven't held him or been able to smother him with kisses since Christmas and I am almost bursting with excitement at the thought of them coming in just a few weeks!  We live across the country and yet...AND YET....by the end of this upcoming July....we will have seen my family or at least portions of my family SIX times this year!  SIX TIMES!!!!!  :)  Sixty times wouldn't be enough but SIX TIMES!!!!  :)  We have been soooo blessed this year.  I realize that not every year will have us seeing each other so much.  But with him changing so much this first year...week to week it seems like...I am so happy that even given the distance, they've been able to see him so often.

So....the Pedersens are filled with Easter Joy and hope you and your families are as well!  :)

No comments: