Hello September -- and hello insanely busy schedules!
I would just like to take this opportunity to say how proud I am of my husband! He has embarked upon 2 brand new adventures this week. On Monday, he had his first rehearsal with the Women's Choir at the University of Richmond. I have already "blogged" about how this position fell in his lap. He spent the last half of the summer conferring with my dad about repertoire and choosing a program for the fall concert. He is so excited about this venture and is overwhelmed at the opportunity to be directing a choir at a university!
On Tuesday, he started another new part time position. He is part of the Operations/Customer Service Team at Genworth Financial here in Richmond. For the next few weeks, he will be studying for his Series 6 license and then he will be training on the specific products that Genworth offers. He is very excited about doing something outside of music and is ecstatic at how this part time position will help our family.
Of course, he still is doing the music at St. Joseph's -- these 2 positions are just to supplement the income and his personal and professional growth. It is going to be a very busy fall though. In addition to these three positions he: teaches 12 piano students, 1 guitar student; sings in 2 community choirs; looks after 2 dogs, 2 cats and 1 snake and ...... lest we forget ...... has a wife!
His head may start to spin at some point but ..... I am awfully proud of him!!
3 comments:
How busy he is! It would make my head spin! Good for him for being able to fit everything in!
Busy is good, isn't it? We always seem to be running from one thing to another, too. But that's the way we usually like it. It keeps things exciting.
I didn't know you had a blog!! How fun! I LOVE to blog! My husband always teases me about how crazy I am with the blog.. oh well!
Post a Comment