Here are the Harris fisher people! My mom is not a fisher person but loves to come with us -- who wouldn't with such beautiful surroundings! Alas, my sister badly sprained her ankle while hiking this summer so she wasn't able to fish as much as she normally does. And a note to everyone: I catch the fish but I don't eat them -- yuck!
Okay -- I love my job -- I really do! But --- whoever said that a "Bad day fishing is better than a good day at work" knew what they were talking about! As I stood in the river, surrounded by beauty and hearing nothing but the sound of the wind and the river, I kept thinking "I could be sitting in my cubicle right now".
The Crystal River Valley received some insane amount of snow this past winter so we were unable to really get in the "middle" of the river this year -- it was just too high. We were also unable to fly fish. My dad tried to use his fly rod but wasn't successful. So -- I used the Panther Martin spinner on my spinning rod and had great success. More on that to come ...
Here are the 2 original fishermen: my dad and my Uncle Joe. Uncle Joe introduced my family to the Crystal River Valley and introduced my dad to trout fishing. 28 years later -- they are both still fishing the Crystal River and Beaver Lake!
Like Father, Like Daughter! I caught this fish on my 5th or 6th cast on my first day of fishing. 10 minutes later, my dad caught the fish you see in the picture of him above this picture. Now we just need to get Dave back here so he can catch a fish on the Crystal River!!
Here are 2 of the 3 fish I caught this summer in Colorado! The one "next" to the basket is a Rainbow Trout. The one "on" the basket is a Brown Trout -- notice the orange spots on her. The third fish was also a rainbow but it was smaller in size. All in all, the Harris family took home 9 fish!! It was a great year for fishing!!
No comments:
Post a Comment