Monday, June 30, 2008

Things are Looking Up


Congratulations to Dave!!!!!! It has been a pretty tough month for both of us (one of the reasons I haven't posted in a while) but things are looking up.

Dave came back from a conference in Chicago this past week to find that he has been asked to direct the Women's Choir at the University of Richmond! I tell you -- it was like Manna from Heaven!!! He had not applied for this position, nor had anyone spoken to him about the role. But it is all "who you know" and in this case, we know the head director of choral music at the University of Richmond!!! With the opening in his department, our friend suggested Dave to the Dean. And the rest is now history! Dave is now an adjunct professor at the University of Richmond!!!! Granted -- he'll only be teaching one choir but hey -- his foot is in the door! And with that one choir, he will be touring Prague, Slovakia, and Budapest next March -- lucky dog!!

He, of course, is on cloud 9 and hasn't come down yet. :-) It was an excellent way to end a very difficult month.


P.S. I just got a placement at work -- which ends a long drought -- and it was also an excellent way to end the month! The Pedersens are on a roll!!!!

4 comments:

Susie said...

Congratulations Dave and Jessica! I am so happy that things are looking up for both of you :-D
Danielle is going on the same tour with her choir from the University of Portland (The University Singers), in January next year.

Bert and Kelli Millett said...

Congrats on surviving a busy month. Do you need any chaparones for that European tour? I'm sure Bert and I could oblige.

Heath and Jessica said...

Yeah for both of you! Dave is becoming quite the world traveler!

operatenor1978 said...

I guess you don't need a tenor to tour eastern europe with you and the women's choir, do you......DRAT!